Horus Lupercal Master of Mankind. Sons of Horus Primarch

lilloser

"And so I shall deal with all Tyrants and Deceivers..."

It's easy (well, easier) to paint these model as the sculpt is so superb. The emotion is already there, the movement and the character is developed. All the artist has to do is stay faithful to sculpt and you cannot go wrong. Horus was incredibly pleasurable to paint as I started re-living parts of the 40K history. I remembered the first time I learned of the Heresy and the long shadow this Primarch cast over the universe. Very few models have such an evocative history.

I haven't felt this intimidated by a model since Angron was released. I needed to jump on the initial upsurge of enthusiasm and just paint him without fear. I hope you like the result. 

If you would like to see more photos and a little run through of the colour combination I used please check out my blog and for WIP work check out the facebook page. 

Myles

More photos

I clicked on this thread with a sense of anticipation, was not disappointed. Brilliant work, I love the base almost as much as Horus, the stone work is amazing. I like the forgeworld painted version, but this surpasses that. Bravo.

Cheers guys! If you'd like to see a white one he's up on my Facebook wall (link in original post). I will post up here but right now I need to close my eyes and lie down!

Oh and there's a reason why the cloak is purple. Anyone want to take a stab at it?

Cheers again guys.

In the flesh does it look like his right arm is coming out of his ribs? I just cant manage to reconcile the placement of that right arm...

FANTASTIC paintjob, best one yet for the Primarchs you have done, but that right arm...

Well purple was traditionally the colour of kings and royalty (and wealth in general).  Purple is a remarkably rare colour in nature, hence why purple pigment was expensive in the old days.

Also, fantastic painting!  I like the face, he definitely looks like all is not right up in his head :).

Archived