Jade Dragons

Calgar 2.0

So a group at my FLGS is running a Kill-team campaign, and I've decided to mke a one-off squad of these guys for it. They were featured in the Damocles anthology, but I can't find much else about them. From the description in the story, this is how I picture them

gallery_50550_4269_4427.jpg

EDIT: Sorry, the thread's purpose is to gather some of their fluff.

Whatever you've read in the Damocles anthology is probably the full extent of official lore on the Chapter. This is the first I've ever heard of an official Chapter known as the Jade Dragons.

Can you provide excerpts from the book?

"‘We keep our secrets. Some of them, even from ourselves.’

The man who spoke had not removed the helmet of his power armour. His livery was jade and black with the stylised image of a dragon on one shoulder pad. Dense patterns of swirls and dots covered one greave and one forearm, giving the impression that they meant something that could only be deciphered with an understanding of their intricate code. In the dim light of the Polar Defiance’s map room, ebon eyepieces glittered in the faceplate." -black Leviathan by Ben Counter

I know one image from the Warzone book popped up on /tg/.

Found the thread from /tg/ in an archive.

>As we hunt, so we are hunted. Thus went a secret that novices were told as they were implanted with the black carapace and took on the armour of a Jade Dragon. Just as they were seeking their own omens, they learned that the Chapter was not the greatest predator in the ocean of space. There was another that stalked them everywhere they went, looming out of sight to be glimpsed once every few centuries in the shadow of a dead world or hiding among the flares of a bloated star.

>This was the Black Leviathan. It had been there from the start, since the murky time when the Jade Dragons Chapter was founded. It was the darkness within them and the treacherous enemy without, it was deceit and perfidy incarnate. It was, above everything, betrayal. The Black Leviathan was the shadow of the Great Adversary, of the gods of the warp, of the corruptive and infinite enemy that men called Chaos.

>When the Jade Dragons saw the Black Leviathan, they knew that Chaos was close. The daemon and the witch worked their magics when the Leviathan was near. When the Jade Dragons glimpsed its shadow, caught its scent, then Chaos and all its madness and betrayal were sure to follow. In form it was a great dark mass trailing tentacles, a drinker of starlight that left suns dark and cold in its wake, sometimes with a planet-sized eye rolling in the seething blackness, sometimes with a vast maw that dragged in everything in its path. It had picked off Jade Dragons spaceships before, leaving them scarred with the coils of its tentacles and crushed of all life, the battle-brothers inside crumbling skeletons within their armour. Even as the Jade Dragons hunted, the Black Leviathan hunted them in turn, a constant reminder that they were not the sole predators in the galaxy.

And the one image I've found.

http://i900.photobucket.com/albums/ac207/calgar_20/1395982334751_zps37177c16.png

Agreed, but it seems that the image is supposed to be Tau in origin, as opposed to a Imperial one. It does after all have translations in "pop-ups" under the Tau writing.

Archived