BA Objective markers

Tabgoi

So, objectives are in basically every mission now, and so far my buddies and I have been just grabbing random things to serve as markers. I figured I would do up a couple quick ones that were a bit more BA style with some stuff from my bits box. I just kind of threw them together, green stuff still not hard, but thought it may give people some ideas. Just a sang guard banner and some extra shields from scribor that I want to use for storm shields on some termies. I glued the shields to spare should pads to quickly and easily mount them, going to use some green stuff to reinforce the back end a bit. May get them painted this weekend. Anyways, let me know what you think, like I said quickly done, maybe three minutes.

http://image.bolterandchainsword.com/uploads/gallery/album_9443/gallery_57222_9443_176789.jpg

Edit apparently I suck at embeding, and Microsoft sucks at letting you paste into browsers.

Edit 2, perhaps this will work. Kicking computer apparently doesn't and now my foot hurts.

gallery_57222_9443_176789.jpg

I also have envy.

I use the ammunition from an old game called "Crossbows and Catapults" .. in the following image you can see the ammunition at the bottom.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_8NLTTuJ2pOI/SlXtsjKRkWI/AAAAAAAACgY/Ttkoz3NB5KU/s400/Crossbows_Catapults4.jpg

We used to play this game at my grandmother's house over and over and over and over again when I was a kid, so using these give me a touch of nostalgia, but I would like ta have something more appropriate to Blood Angels!

We use the towers and blocks to build Warhammer terrain for matches.  They're pretty good to play with, actually.  My brother actually also has this game (he stole it from grandma), and he kept the red ammunition and all the blocks / towers for himself, and gave me the blue ammo to use for my objectives.

They look pretty cool actually. What have you done about the hand on the back of the banner?

Snook

Because I'm lazy, I did it differently when I faced the same problem attaching a GK banner to an Inquisitor. I filed mine flat then covered it up with a tilt shield (I think that's what they're called) and a couple of purity seals.

I used to have a similar game to the one you posted, but with cannons, catapults, and ballista's. Tons of little guys you knock over. I have all the exploding terrain and guys still. Use the terrain with fantasy and the guys as city guard when I play D&D. I still remember losing the little orange balls all over the house and finding them weeks later.

Res, that is definitely another good way to do it, I just had a file that made it easier to round than to flatten. And I just saw a wood carving kit that had a curved tool that would have been even easier, right diameter for the pole, quick run and done.

• 4 weeks later...

Okay, finally got around to painting these guys. I went with a bit darker scheme than I was originally going to use, just so when I toss similar shields on models they do not look too much alike. And yeah, heads up me+painting==not good. And I got a bit more light than I was expecting when I took the pic, so looking WAY bright and washed out, will have to take another pic this weekend when I can just use daylight.

gallery_57222_9443_351589.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Just saw the Xbows and Catapults set. Wow that takes me back! Awesome game. I still dig my set out at Christmas when I'm back with my parents although all the paper/card components from mine are damaged/destroyed.

Sorry, had to post when I saw that!

Archived