4000pts SoH "Tip of the Spearhead"

TompiQ

Hey guys!

I've been ogling FW's heresy line for quite some time, and with the release of the Horus mini I was sold and immediately spent way too much money on glorious, glorious resin. And now I want more.

This is an idea sprung from two facts: Spartans are bloody awesome, and I have four land raiders (three to build and one to repaint) lying around since an earlier, unfinished project. I am imagining a proper Armoured Spearhead, an impenetrable wall of melta-immune AV14, carrying a cadre of elites led by a warrior second only to the Emperor of Mankind; Horus Lupercal.

Rite of War: Armoured Spearhead

LoW

Horus the Warmaster, 500pts

HQ

Primus Medicae, 120pts

Primus Medicae, 120pts

Elite (modelled as Justaerin)

10 Cataphractii Terminators: 8 power fists / 2 chain fists, 385pts

- Spartan Assault Vehicle: Auxilliary Drive / Armoured Ceramite / Flare Shield / Dozer Blade, 355pts

10 Cataphractii Terminators: 8 power fists / 2 chain fists, 385pts

- Spartan Assault Vehicle: Auxilliary Drive / Armoured Ceramite / Flare Shield / Dozer Blade, 355pts

Troops

5 Legion Veteran Tactical Marines: Heavy Flamer, 140pts

- Land Raider Phobos: Auxiliary Drive / Armoured Ceramite / Dozer Blade, 285pts

5 Legion Veteran Tactical Marines: Heavy Flamer, 140pts

10 Legion Tactical Support Marines: 10 Flamers, Sgt. w. Melta Bombs, 180pts

10 Legion Tactical Support Marines: 10 Flamers, Sgt. w. Melta Bombs, 180pts

Total: 4000 points

6 AV14 vehicles with two terminator death stars and an otherwise minuscule amount of scoring bodies. Decent anti-tank with 16 TL lascannon shots at range, no dedicated anti-air (~5 lascannon hits if snapshots), low ability to handle more than a few horde units but nigh invulnerable to almost all weaponry at range. Also, quite possibly the best Horus delivery system available. Going up to 5000 or even 6000 (I intend to do so without apocalypse) I would be able to balance it out properly, beefing up troops and adding fire support. Medusas and Sicarans come to mind.

But what are your thoughts of this list? What changes would you make? I am interested in all ideas, since though I already own the bulk of the list I intend to purchase much, much more resin in the future to come.

Lupercal!

It looks pretty cool! Lots of bodies is always good! Only a typhon will be your nightmare! But great looking list!

Or a titan.  At 4k points, you can see all manner of shenanigans.  A warhound, a thunderhawk, etc.  I'm not even sure where you begin with trying to 'balance' a list at that point.

Personally, I would skip the veteran squads and support squads, go 4x tacticals.  Maybe 3x tacticals and 1x support (with rotors or volkites).  Maybe drop the dozer blades, I'm not really sure they're necessary with aux drives included in there.  If you want melee weapons that are easy to get in sets for FW, I would scrape up a few points by converting the terminator squads to 5x axes, 4x fists, 1x chainfist.  Use those points on more support.  Those terminator squads, especially with Horus' support, are already going to do a real number on whatever they charge.

Archived