ETL III is coming...

Captain Semper

eBay has been kind over the last couple of days and I'll have about 1000 pts to pledge, don't see myself doing much more as we are expecting baby number 2 early June and that'll be it for the whole ETL I reckon, can't wait to get started now!!!  Had a great time last year and can't recommend this enough to anyone who is umming and ahhing over joining.

I am amazed by you guys that can follow through on pledges of a thousand or more points. I tried it last year and was simply overwhelmed by it. I will be making smaller pledges but will at least be able to contribute more thany total of zero from last year.

I did 5 vows for points and one vow for an open model and think that style works better for most.  Each vow was about 250 points.  Going to try and do more points per pledge this time but it lets you work on much smaller chunks at a time.

Technically, heresy models could very well count for Forum : Blood Angels. As long as they are units you can field, are painted the proper colour it's just customization really. Clear this up with the event organiser first however just to be sure.

If we are allowed to make vows for different forums, I could paint my second flying Landraider, a Captain, A Librarian and a Chaplain during downtime on my Iron Hands :)

That is correct.

You can use any type of armour to represent 40k BAs. As long as the unit is wysiwyg and priced from the BA Codex you're good to go.

Also the painting is totally up to you! You can do your own Succesor in whatever colours you wish. If you choose to price them from the BA Codex they play for the BA faction! :)

You were rightly upset. And the same limitation applies to SWs... But fear not! In Imperial Armour Apocalypse 2nd ed. there is a specific entry for Blood Angels Contemptor that is 40k approved - same for the Wolves. So ETL-wise you're covered! :)

In my view, the IA 2 does not supersede or renders the Apocalypse book obsolete. I will gladly accept a BA Contemptor as a valid entry for the ETL - more so as there is no points' discrepancy with the standard version. So it's all good.

A Fellblade on the other hand cannot become part of a BA force unless through the allies rule - which is not allowed in the ETL... Life's complicated no? :D

I refer you to the FAQ for IA2V2: When playing games  using the rules presented in Warhammer 40,000: Escalation, the following units, listed as Lords of War in Imperial Armour Volume Two: Second Edition, are treated as follows: The Fellblade Super-­‐heavy Tank (page 105) may be chosen if your primary detachment is from Codex: Space Marines, Codex: Blood Angels, Codex: Dark Angels or Codex: Space Wolves. It may also be taken in the following Imperial Armour army list: Space Marine Siege Assault   Vanguard.

Archived