False Gods: Graham McNeill Goes Full :Cuss

In short, it makes absolutely no sense for Angron's implants to be removable and this line has therefore been retconned. I don't really see the issue. Is anyone here still thinking that the Ultramarines are a 2nd Founding Chapter with a Half-Eldar Chief Librarian? No? Let's move on then.

This. Case closed!!! woot.gif

In short, it makes absolutely no sense for Angron's implants to be removable and this line has therefore been retconned. I don't really see the issue. Is anyone here still thinking that the Ultramarines are a 2nd Founding Chapter with a Half-Eldar Chief Librarian? No? Let's move on then.

I dunno. That Tigirius is rather a rather squirrely fellow, what with getting Divination when no one else does, and that whole "psychic mastery beyond the pale" thing. I could see him still being half-Eldar...

I dunno. That Tigirius is rather a rather squirrely fellow, what with getting Divination when no one else does, and that whole "psychic mastery beyond the pale" thing. I could see him still being half-Eldar...

Calgar: Tigurius! I need to know what those Orks are planning. What do your powers tell you?

Tigurius: I shall cast my psychic net into the aether and seek out the truth *turns away, sound of rattling bones*

Calgar: What's that noise?

Tigurius: Nothing Lord!

Calgar: What have you got in your hand? Show me!

Tigurius: No!

Calgar: SHOW ME!!

*Tigurius reveals a handful of Eldar Runes*

Calgar: What the hell are these? Some accursed Xenos witchery! These Runes must be destroyed!!

Tigurius: But my mum gave them to me!!

Calgar: Your mum?

*looks curiously at Tigurius' head*

Calgar: Take off that Psychic Hood!

*Calgar rips off hood to reveal pointy ears. There is the sound of power fists activating*

I'm sure you'll find someone who'd argue the toss with you about it though.

One of my friends is still bitter about that. Give him the opportunity and he will complain that the Ultramarines should not be one of the legions. On the other hand I think he's happy to forget about the half-eldar Chief Librarian.

• 4 weeks later...

Calgar: Tigurius! I need to know what those Orks are planning. What do your powers tell you?

Tigurius: I shall cast my psychic net into the aether and seek out the truth *turns away, sound of rattling bones*

Calgar: What's that noise?

Tigurius: Nothing Lord!

Calgar: What have you got in your hand? Show me!

Calgar: SHOW ME!!

*Tigurius reveals a handful of Eldar Runes*

Calgar: What the hell are these? Some accursed Xenos witchery! These Runes must be destroyed!!

Tigurius: But my mum gave them to me!!

Calgar: Your mum?

*looks curiously at Tigurius' head*

Calgar: Take off that Psychic Hood!

*Calgar rips off hood to reveal pointy ears. There is the sound of power fists activating*

Haha...but I believe the half-Eldar librarian's mother was human, which actually makes more sense

Eldar males look like metro boyband members. Human women would fall all over them. I don't see what Eldar females would see in human dudes. 

Eldar males look like metro boyband members. Human women would fall all over them. I don't see what Eldar females would see in human dudes. 

Bulging biceps?  Eldar tend towards leanness rather than Schwarzenegger-like ripped-ness, which is visually appealing to most human females.

Bulging biceps?  Eldar tend towards leanness rather than Schwarzenegger-like ripped-ness, which is visually appealing to most human females.

Most women prefer lean and toned to bodybuilder swollen 

Most women prefer lean and toned to bodybuilder swollen 

Tell that to the couples I see walking along Daytona Beach.

Tell that to the couples I see walking along Daytona Beach.

Some women might prefer roid monkeys but most prefer Brad Pitt Fight Club physiques. This is the general opinion among my female friends

That said, they'll take roid monkeys over fatsos and 90lb weaklings

Is anyone here still thinking that the Ultramarines are a 2nd Founding Chapter with a Half-Eldar Chief Librarian?

Ahem. They were a 3rd Founding Chapter (founded in 001.M32, a few decades before the Space Wolves, who were founded at some point after 041.M32). And the half-eldar was not a Librarian, he was "only" an Astropath, though the formal title back then was "Chief Librarian Astropath". He had served with the Dark Angels before being assigned to the Ultra-Marines as chief of the Macragge interstellar communications link.

Is anyone here still thinking that the Ultramarines are a 2nd Founding Chapter with a Half-Eldar Chief Librarian?

Ahem. They were a 3rd Founding Chapter (founded in 001.M32, a few decades before the Space Wolves, who were founded at some point after 041.M32). And the half-eldar was not a Librarian, he was "only" an Astropath, though the formal title back then was "Chief Librarian Astropath". He had served with the Dark Angels before being assigned to the Ultra-Marines as chief of the Macragge interstellar communications link.

*cough* We deny all knowledge. Please address further questions to Interrogator-Chaplain Kutzyer Faysov in cell chamber 101.

*cough* We deny all knowledge. Please address further questions to Interrogator-Chaplain Kutzyer Faysov in cell chamber 101.

That name makes him sound like a participant in a curtsy face-off. Which is made all the more hilarious by the old 'Dark Angels wear dresses' hassle.

I know it wasn't intentional, and I get it is a stretch, but ooh, Jesus. Dat mental image.

Right, well since people persist with off-topic talk, I'm giving you all one last warning. Either post something on-topic (ie. concerning Graham McNeill and his writing and/or the Horus Heresy novel False Gods) or don't post at all.

Archived