Ultramarines: Warzone Damnos

Maerlen

Greeting and the Emperor's blessing upon you.

For the first time ever I feel confident enough to post my creations in this forum.

All of the techniques I have used I have found and learned from here. So in a weird bizarre way, these are your creations too!

This is the first picture I've taken of a marine from a new tactical squad that will become part of the Skyhammer Orbital
Strike Force as found in Warzone: Damnos

The aim is to eventually represent the entire ultramarine force that fought on Damnos including Deathwatch kill-team etc.

These are taken with my smartphone and so I will try again tomorrow as the colours are a bit too bright.

So, basically this is a first try to paint battle damage. as for other details, I'm only just starting with freehand (the campaign badge if yo can see it ;) )

Used Microsol and Microset for the transfers.

C&C Very welcome smile.png

Indeed but elements of the 3rd, 5th and 6th were also there. According to the book, the skyhammer orbital strike force existed entirely of 3rd Company tactical squads. So I started with those to get a change of colour :)

• 1 month later...

Nice work with the squad markings and chapter insignia - something I keep meaning to do for my Exorcists but keeps slipping my mind.

Love the weathering too, looks like he's been doing the Emperor's work for a while.

I'm prod of these, downside is my first mini's are starting to look terrible ermm.gif

Haha I know the feeling, my Tau force (and some of my first Black Legionnaires) that I painted years look absolutely shocking compared to some of the stuff I'm putting out now!

Keep it up dude! thumbsup.gif

Thanks !

For the moment I have 1 marine left to finish. I did half with this technique (gouges and cuts in the armour) and other half sponge weathering (armour flaking off). Still deciding what is best.

when they're all finished I'll let the community decide :)

Finally the 5th Squad of the 3rd Company is finished!

I certainly hope to see c&c.

I chose to continue with the sponge technique for the weathering as I can apply it more subtle.

If there are any questions, I'll do my utmost best to answer them!

Cheers,

Maerlen

• 10 months later...

I am really liking how you are creating them into a unified force, trust me on this as I normally don't like ultramarines at all. So saying it is good takes a lot out of me.

Keep at it man, glad you are finding your technique is improving over time.

Archived