The Serpent Beneath - Omegon

AfroCampbell

So, since I'm new here and literally created this account to post in this topic :p (gone are my days of anonymous lurking) if what proceeds in my post is

not allowed, feel free to inform me about it, as I've not had the time to read the forum rules yet - I'll get on it ASAP.

ANYWAYS onto the topic at hand, while this page is from 4chan and has to do with the Alpha legion take the information within with an ocean of salt or disregard it because of the source. Either way some of the points made are rather interesting when considered.

->http://1d4chan.org/wiki/Omegon the link to the aforementioned page.

The Mechanicum, or certain Tech-priests? Trying to reverse-engineer, as in not succeeding in doing so? I'm not trying to argue against anything, just asking for clarification on something I never read (the Soul Drinkers' saga never really grabbed me back in the day, and my local library had an incomplete set anyways).

But it is possible that it was classified wrongly as gene-coded. Or perhaps not wrongly, but they interpreted the knowledge that it was gene-coded incorrectly. Or the Soul Drinkers themselves did. Maybe the AdMech who inspected the thing noted that it took genetic samples of those who wielded it for recognition purposes. The why and for what purpose part was kind of blurry, because attempts to recreate this aspect of the spear were less than successful. But now the Soul Drinkers are armed with the knowledge that it samples their blood and tests it against some form of internal database. So they think that perhaps it is verifying their genetics. But against what? Well, their legends tell them it is a weapon of the former Imperial Fists Legion, of which their legends tell them they are descended from and therefore share blood. So maybe the weapon is verifying that the wielder is a son of Dorn. If that's true, then maybe only a son of Dorn would be allowed to wield the spear. That is, in turn, accepted as logical and understandable, so the explanation spreads and ingrains itself with their legends.

I'm not saying that this must be what happened, just that one of the possible explanations for the weapon might be that there was an error in its classification, somewhere down the line, that created and perpetuated a false belief in what it does.

The Tech-Priest who stole it from the Souldrinkers wanted the technology that made the void-blades. To do this, he needed to hack the gene-coded device that throughout the series has been shown taking genetic samples(mostly from Sarpedon) by using micro-lasers to drill through the fingertips of its weilder's gauntlet.

So he relegated it to a lesser tech-priest who specialized in reverse-engineering who in turn recruits a few other colleagues to break open the gene-lock. At one point, they think they succeed.

Instead what happens is that the Soulspear realizes it is being violated and fires off a few void-beams as a self-defense mechanism.

Afterwards, Abraxes, the daemon who is currently mutating the Soul Drinkers and pretending to be the Aspect of the Emperor they are worshipping, retrieves the Soulspear and delivers it to Sarpedon.

The Alpha Legion wishes you to know that it will not stoop to use thinblooded stooges like the Souldrinkers nor wishes it to be associated with those cheesy novels. The Legion is sorry for any distress this issue may have caused.

Sincerly,

Alpharius

Archived