Pask as warlord data analysis

curt1893

I plan on building a Pask on a magnetised turret. Along with the magnetised Demolisher model Russ I already have I'll have a full selection of tanks for him smile.png As mentioned he'll not really be using the template ones as his BS4 is better than that though I do like the sound of the large blast Executioner profile. Might be useful.

Punisher and Vanquisher are the clear winners though, such that if you ever take Pask in something else you'll probably have to justify yourself to everyone you meet..!

Dunno why magnets would be needed, just dont glue the hatches onto the turret and have Pask be able to just switch around multiple types of tanks.

Doesn't Pask's warlord trait let you reroll Get's hot from the Executioner? That's at least how we have been interpreting it here in Finland so I'm currently running Pask in a punisher with lascannon, no sponsons, Max-plasma Executioner and either Vanq or Eradicator as the last tank in a three tank squadron.

Doesn't Pask's warlord trait let you reroll Get's hot from the Executioner?.

Yes

See "Gets Hot and Re-rolls" on page 37 of the BRB.

FWIW, if I am doing the math right there is about an 8% chance of getting 1 or more Gets Hot results even with the re-rolls.

If you take Pask and any other HQ, he'll lose his Preferred Enemy; just something to remember.

Are we interpreting the interaction between the Warlord requirment (ref: BRB page 111) and the Leman Russ Commander rule (ref: AM page 82-ish) as Pasks Leadership score of - being 0 (ref: BRB page 3)? If so, I'd go as far as to argue that - can't ever be your 'highest leadership', as scores of - and 0 are 'no ability whatsoever in that field'.

In addition, what are the ramifications of having a model with a Toughness, Strength or Wounds characteristic of - or 0? As compared to 'reduced to 0'.

Doesn't Pask's warlord trait let you reroll Get's hot from the Executioner? That's at least how we have been interpreting it here in Finland so I'm currently running Pask in a punisher with lascannon, no sponsons, Max-plasma Executioner and either Vanq or Eradicator as the last tank in a three tank squadron.

Its gets hot on a blast weapon, so if you ask me the to hit roll and get hot roll are 2 different rolls.

Its gets hot on a blast weapon, so if you ask me the to hit roll and get hot roll are 2 different rolls.

Well, we actually just had a bit of a "fight" in BoLS comments about this but so far most have read this:

"GETS HOT AND RE-ROLLS

If a model has the ability to re-roll its

rolls To Hit (including because of BS 6+ or Twin-Linked), a Wound is

only suffered if the To Hit re-roll is also 1; it may also re-roll Gets

Hot results of 1 for weapons that do not roll To Hit."

to mean that you indeed get to reroll the 1's of Get's hot with the reroll of 1's from PE.

Archived