Raven Guard - Major help wanted!

Grim Dog Studios

I'm really struggling to come up with a list that I really like at the moment and have been thinking about all of the options that I can take. I'm trying to build a themed army, which is a predominantly Terran Legionnaire force that have gone back to their 'old ways' after the events on Istvaan 5. However, I also really want to use the Raven Guard Rite of War: Decapitation Strike. I'm currently aiming for a 1500pt, that can be expanded upon at later dates etc.

Currently the main core that I'd like the force to be is this:

HQ
PRAETOR - 100

ELITES
APOTHECARION DETACHMENT - 90
- APOTHECARY - 45 (Attached to Tactical Squad 1)
- APOTHECARY - 45 (Attached to Tactical Squad 2)

CONTEMPTOR MORTIS-DREADNOUGHT - 185
- TWIN-LINKED LASCANNONS

TROOPS
LEGION TACTICAL SQUAD - 235
x15
- POWER AXE, MELTA BOMBS, ARITFICER ARMOUR, VEXILLA 

LEGION TACTICAL SQUAD - 235
x15
- POWER AXE, MELTA BOMBS, ARITFICER ARMOUR, VEXILLA 

The Praetor is currently completely basic, and is there so i can use the RG RoW, as I had thought it would be better to actually decide on the squad he shall be running with before equipping him. I'm personally not a fan of Terminators or large tanks, and by using the RG RoW, I can only take one heavy support choice. 
The Dread is there for anti-tanking, and the tactical squads with apothecaries are pretty standard I guess.
I quite like the look of Destroyers, but I'm not sure if they could work in a list like this, and theres still the Praetors 'bodyguard' to work out. 
Would a bike praetor and command squad unit be viable at all? I'm a big fan of the outrider style bikes.
I know I'm asking for quite a lot here, but I don't want to start purchasing stuff before I have an at least half decent list!
Any and all help is greatly appreciated!

• 3 weeks later...

So I'm not really up to speed on extermination I'm afraid, but you've had no responses, so I'll try!

Could a jet bike praetor, with either jet bike command or a normal sky hunter squad be an option? They have a 2+ save now I believe, and could be quite dangerous at range and in combat with the correct upgrades. They would also seem to fit the theme of the RG nicely, and think are seen as a better unit than outriders.

For more anti tank I'd bring a storm eagle, or a sicaran (fast moving heavy choice), and probably try and round the army out with a unique raven guard unit, if it's doable. No idea if that is any use to you, but maybe it will promote some chatter...

Archived