Scythes of the emperor.... Update 13/11/18

He looks superb! Man, your weathering is spot on. Love it.

One nitpick though: what's with all the ultramarine symbols on the banner? I know it's sculpted like that and I totally get that you went for that banner, but wasn't it possible to remove/replace them?

Read Unremembered Empire :) 

Awesome Scythes here man! One of the best colour schemes around :D 

a tiny crit.... from this angle as good as your weathering is... it stops underneath the front plate... so, although it looks great - the effect is ruined a little by that... :/

Read Unremembered Empire :)

i have and there's no mention of them. In fact the Scythes are of the 25th founding and created in the middle of M41. I do know they helped the ultramarines against HF Kraken, I'm just curious about the story behind the wearing of another chapter's symbol! :)

A really glorious Ironclad; looks like the engine of death he should be. As many others have mentioned, the weathering's superb, and the underlying scheme deserves praise, too.

Augustus b'Raass, the Unremembered Empire reference: During the Horus Heresy, a Chapter of Ultramarines was serving on Sotha. At the time it was a peaceful world of plentiful harvests and golden grain and the Ultramarines there incorporated a scythe into their heraldry. It's a little nod to the eventual founding of the Scythes of the Emperor as Ultramarines Successors; and so the Ultramarine symbols fit in beautifully with Grizz's Ironclad, I think.

What a response, thank you very much gents.

To answer some questions, I've still yet to finish the dreads back ground story but the basic outline is he was one of the dreads to stay on Miral when the 1st consent decided to make their final stand to allow the last 100 marines to escape. He Was found on a hive ship wrapped in a thick cocoon by Cassius and his TWV's, brought back to maccrage and was evaluated and tested for any trace of tyranid infection, he then served with the TWV's for a number of months before word of the surviving scythes reached the ultramarines in which case Cassius personally took him back to his chapter and offered extra help with his TWV's to aid the scythes in a faster anti tyranid training programme.

• 2 weeks later...

Love this army so much ! Personally I would put more scratch marks on them to represent all the nid bashing they have done but that is such a minor quibble and a purely personal choice.

MOAR sir, MOAR !

That Captain seriously looks like he's about to kick some serious butt!  I love the "drawing sword" pose so much, I'm tempted to steal this for my upcoming SM project.  Hope you don't mind!  :wink:

Archived