2,500pt Imperial Fist Onslaught

Dono1979

So, I am still having problems trying to put a list together for Inferno and, after having a chat to the GW store, have confirmed that I cannot use any model which has been converted using 3rd party parts, so that eliminates a swathe of my more characterful units like Recon Marines, Seekers, Thallax and Bikes.

So instead I was thinking of taking something pretty straight forward and not too subtle;

Onslaught FOC

HQ

Master of Signal w/ Artificer Armour, Refractor Field

Elite

3 x Apothecary w/ Auguries (deployed within the Tact squads)

Troops

3 x 20 man Tactical Squads

Heavy

7 man Heavy Support w/ Augury, Autocannon

7 man Heavy Support w/ Augury, Heavy Bolters

2 x Vindicators w/ Armoured Ceramite

Lords of War

Typhon w/ Armoured Ceramite, Lascannon Sponsons

Malcador w/ Demolisher Cannon, Lascannon Sponsons, Armoured Ceramite, Flare Shield

Heavy Support squads concentrate on light armour or infantry, the Heavy Bolters will be firing at BS5 from IF trait, and the Autocannons will most likely be buffed by the Master of Signal and so likewise BS5, they will also both have Tank Hunter. With the Augury they will be able to intercept within 18"

Tact squads move forward using as much cover from vehicle and terrain and rely on the Apoths for Feel No Pains, plus they will be firing at BS5, a Fury of the Legion will be devastating from them.

The four vehicles will be the primary anti heavy armour and killer of 2+. With the Armoured ceramite they should be a little more survivable, plus with two Super Heavies they should last a little longer than normal, hopefully long enough to eradicate the opposing threats.

If I can shave another 25 points from somwhere I can throw Command tank on the Malcador which will give all infantry within 24" a reroll on their morale test, effectively a Vexillia for everyone but cheaper (but also all eggs in one basket). I can get this 25 points from dropping a single Autocannon.

I might struggle against flyers, largely relying on volume of fire snap shooting.

Nice new list.

- I would never field tacticals without Vexilla, Melterbomb and at least an Power Axe. If you go for close Combat better Atificer Armor and Power Fist, but since youre shooty you dont Need it. Reason is Ld Checks are far to Important in 30k since you dont have TSKNF, and stuck in cc with an Contemptor you can do nothing without an Melterbomb. Simply cut 3 Marines per Squad for the Points.

- HS Looks good, but Vindicators cant be an Squad so take Preds or give one an Maschine Spirit (Its awsome) and take an Rapier (Laser Destroyer ?).

- For youre LoW, i cant say anything. They both Sound good but i havent Field anyone of them.

- Consider an Aegis, youre Army is mostly stand and Shoot so it gives youre heavy Supports a Little more Protection.

- If you whant something vs Flyers (i dont see much of them, but there out there) take some of the free Points to Field an Contemptor Mortis with 2x Kheres.

Sorry for the confusion, the vindi's arent in a squad they are seperate choices, also I cant take Fortifications with the Onslaught FOC.

I will see if I can shave some points to bring in a Mortis Contemptor but it is a bucket of points and he would most likely become target number one with all of the higher AV sitting around, I would be worried that he wouldn't last the first turn

Archived