My Ultramarines

Schultzhoffen

These are really nice. 2nd Company, but I'll forgive you on account of the gritty look which suits them down to the ground. If you don't mind a bit of constructive criticism though, the edge highlighting seems a bit thick in places and in a few others has extended to the underside of plates that would normally be in shadow. Apart from that, stunning Ultras thumbsup.gif . Will you be doing some more?

Thanks for the kind words. My painting style is rather rough and ready, possibly because my eyesight is getting worse the more geriatric I become!

I use a mixture of regal blue and kantor blue over a black undercoat. I highlight using a mixture of space wolves grey and lothern blue ( you'll notice that I use some old paints). I use a mixture of washes and/or black lining for shading.

They're not going to win any awards but they're a reasonable tabletop standard and their flaws are less noticeable on the table top.

As to doing more - these are but a sampler of my army. I have roughly 3500 points of Ultramarines all painted up. I'd like to add an Imperial Knight to the collection and some more Forge World stuff when the Ultramarines book comes out but apart from that I'm done!

Thanks for the recipe, much appreciated :tu:

And perhaps they won't win any awards, but I think they look great and probably look even better on a gaming table!

Archived