• 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Best way to meld two swords is to cut diagonally, lots of poly cement to melt appropriately, and then file down to smooth. The eye looks for straight cuts, but diagonals are easy to pass off.

Aside from the hilt/right arm giving a squinty vibe, needing TLC, I would run with the bloodstained purity seal idea.

Best way to meld two swords is to cut diagonally, lots of poly cement to melt appropriately, and then file down to smooth. The eye looks for straight cuts, but diagonals are easy to pass off.

Aside from the hilt/right arm giving a squinty vibe, needing TLC, I would run with the bloodstained purity seal idea.

thanks for this I'll keep it in mind for other conversions!

So as promised here is the profess of my etl3 vow which was never completed
http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d169/mateus909/Mobile%20Uploads/20150215_202726.jpg
And the command squad I have been challenged to paint, by Mactire, in the Augustus arena eventhttp://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d169/mateus909/Mobile%20Uploads/20150215_202139.jpg

Nice work on the assault squads, I like the two tone helmets, it's different but very eye catching. Also nice posing on the honour guard.

Thanks!

I was afraid painting only the face masks would make them look bird like but its actually worked out pretty well! Looking forward to doing the honour guard ones in gold :D

• 2 weeks later...

Well that's two for the first one(and as I plan to be using the honor guard with my counts as Seth who on my DIY Fluff is my only Tactical Reserve Company Captain)

If I go for the first boys, what colors? My friend suggested that for the shoulder pads I should go with a simple black feather look but as I have more creative freedom on the banner...what say you?

Also, my mind is yet to be made up. So swing me guys and gals!

Archived