Starting guard anew

Gunnarr

Would be great if i could have some help in starting a guard siege regiment.

New to the forum and guard and could use some ideas on how to build a siege themed guard army with an emphasis on fixed or mobile artillery and foot troops.

Cheers

If you've got the money, I'd look into Death Korps. They seem pretty spot on for what you're looking for. Otherwise, just buy Cadian Defense Force to get you started, get an Aegis Defense Line, and then some Wyverns and Basilisks for your artillery.

Modeling, I guess that depends on what you want your guys to look like. Do you have any inspiration?

I'm trying to build a static gun line supported by infantry, i guess its more of a rear field bombardment line or a siege line.  Looking to use some of the forge world basilisk carriages and the mortars along with line infantry.

Imperial armour volume 1; second edition contains all the rules you need to use static artillery pieces in a standard imperial guard list (although they mention imperial guard and not astra militarum). note that besides the DKoK siege list all imperial armies can only take field artillery in the heavy support slot, whereas the siege list can field both elite and heavy support artillery pieces.

Welcome, you've definitely come to the right place! I'll add that artillery regiments still need a good number of troops to support and protect your big guns but it's a viable army. Great if you love obliterating things with massed fire and the biggest of guns :D

Yes, I'm looking at getting IA1 to add some more artillery pieces to the ranks,  and yes warrior i will be adding lots of cannon fodder to protect the nice big guns.  From a fluff stand point i see it as a gun line with mobile anti tank and a nice block of grunts to soak up some fire.  Hopefully should get some infantry to paint up soon.

Archived