As I'm working on my Knight (because all cool kids do it), and shamelessly pilfering ideas from the interwebz, I thought I would start a thread that contains quick and cheap mods that you can apply to your walker to make it look more awesome or make it act more awesome. Feel free to contribute (so I can steal more ideas, ehehe).

- Baneblade HellHammer cannon mod for the battlecannon: just do it. The HellHammer bit is cheap on eBay (under 5 bucks sometimes), and it turns the weedy rapid-fire stick into a proper BATTLE CANNON. The splice is easy as pie and the results are awesome. See here: http://imgur.com/oMUepbT

- Kill banner for the battle cannon and the ubermeltagun: as seen here in the thread by our very own inimitable CommodusXII. Made from High Elf Chariot banner (fantasy range), fits damn near perfect, looks perfect too.

- Disk magnets in shoulder joints: by me. Easy to install because there is a lot of room there, and make a lot of difference. No, you don't need magnets to make the arms removable, but having them there stiffens up the shoulder joints and makes posing a lot easier.

- Disk magnets in the waist: just trim off the nub on the waist joint (looks like a little dome) and stick a magnet there instead. There is also a ton of room in the torso to add the matching magnet. Now your knight can swivel without falling apart, WHEE!

- Coming soon: LED lights for the eyes, courtesy of the $8 LED kit from Blood and Skulls Industries on eBay. I will either install it, or completely ruin the head....

Any more knight mod ideas someone want to share?

Archived