PH Night Lords 22nd Company Updated 8/11/2014.

Paint style has changed a tad but I think the reason they are so much more bright is because of the white background and that those photos were taken during the day so I had natural lights help to make them brighter.  Also, thank you for commenting on the bases, Ive been torn between using torn up wine corks for rubble or just sculpting bases with green stuff.  So the rest of the squad will have some with one and some with another until I figure which one is easier.

My ultimate goal is to have a full company with armor support, backstory and some cool characters..  We'll see how it goes.

Very interesting brother.

One suggestion, it may be the lighting but your unhelmed marines look a little too...colourful, skin tone wise. I feel they should be pastier.

Yeah, I'll be honest and admit I have no idea how the faces got like that.  I use a light grey base color and use bleach bone to highlight and then use a red and brown wash on them..  That's all, I did the exact same thing for both and they turned out looking completely different lol  I thought about going in with a white and highlighting but I was afraid I would mess it all up.  I do tend to do that when I try "fixing" certain things..  Looking at you lightning effects and battle damage.

Perhaps try a very watered down purple or blue wash? I've seen those used to great effect with a pallid grey skintone before, particularly the purple. It seems the red and brown washes have given them a more natural skin tone, which is something grey base colours are prone to do when washed (I've used it on purpose for a nice mottled effect before).

I'm sure you'll work it out!

• 3 weeks later...

*Update*

Getting ready to go back to college and also being generally lazy, so my painting has slowed down even more than it usually is. However, I did manage to get three new Night Lords of the 7th claw started. With these and an additional two more that are sitting on my desk, Ill have the 7th up to ten men. Thinking of expanding them to a full 20, but I'll see how I'm feeling when I'm done with these.

gallery_59666_9589_1288869.jpg

Also, I'm thinking of starting another legion. The Blood Angels, based also around the Siege of Terra, like my current Night Lords. Just figure it would be nice to do a different color and something with a different feel besides skulls and lightning.

Any C&C is welcome, always looking to improve.

Archived