R_P_R WiP [now playing] Police Truck - Dead Kennedys

If you're reading this and you have even a single model or kit to paint, GO MAKE A VOW FOR THE ETL!!

We need more participants, brothers!! You know Russ himself, and even the Emperor of Mankind would not approve of you not fighting hard and reaping many a head in their names!!

GO, DO IT!!

End of Line

^ This. Sadly, I am away from mine, or I could but a dent into my vow. Btw, love that crozius. Much better than me trying to hack up axes and hammers for wolf heads.

Thanks you, good sir!!

I wanted him to have a very distinct weapon to signify his importance within the chapter.

I would urge and ask you to make even the smallest vow if possible!! But I understand real life effecting those situations all too well!!

End of Line

Oh, I already have a hefty vow, in my opinion, made. Its on the Strategium, and on my blog over in the WIP forum. Youre not alone in the fight!

I need to go check that out!! ANd I will go check that out!! Ok, then. We solved that issue. :wink:

I wanted to make another picture-less post to tell you all about the new Citadel Crusader case. It is FREAKING AWESOME!!

Seriously, the nicest case I have owned. Their new squiggly foam separators are perfect for all the fiddly Space Wolves fetishes. Perfect for all of my terminators, my Thunderwolf Cavalry and Fenrisian Wolves, the three dreadnoughts and then I can fit a StormGrrr and Land Raider into it, a Knight, or more terminators!!

I'm quite excited about my next game because of it... Now if I only had one planned . :laugh.:

End of Line

Here is a small update!!

http://i899.photobucket.com/albums/ac194/Khyron666/40k%20001_1.jpg

http://i899.photobucket.com/albums/ac194/Khyron666/40k%20002_1.jpg

And the 5 TDAWG that I pulled out to focus on:

http://i899.photobucket.com/albums/ac194/Khyron666/40k%20003_2.jpg

And more of the vow, ready to get base coats down:

http://i899.photobucket.com/albums/ac194/Khyron666/40k%20004_2.jpg

More soon!!

End of Line

A little more work on the Wolf Priest:

http://i899.photobucket.com/albums/ac194/Khyron666/40k%20001_2.jpg

http://i899.photobucket.com/albums/ac194/Khyron666/40k%20002_2.jpg

http://i899.photobucket.com/albums/ac194/Khyron666/40k%20003_3.jpg

http://i899.photobucket.com/albums/ac194/Khyron666/40k%20004_3.jpg

I know this may be slightly redundant, but as I have only a small window of painting time during my work week, this helps me motivate and see the progress I am making. Enjoy!!

End of Line

After the dry brushing, I found the priest too 'dusty' looking for my taste. SO I have gone back over his armour plating to clean it up.

Did I mention I hate highlighting black??!!

Well, I DO!!

Welcome the reigning champion back!! Wolf Lord Kieran has returned to inspire us and knock the dresses right off the Dark Angels!! HAHA

more soon!!

End of Line

next time we play were gonna have fully painted armies , so sick  

the priest is lookin legit man keep it up D: 

EXACTLY!! I'm excited for that. I've been playing unpainted models so long it will be a bit of a shock!! :D:D:D:D

End of Line

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I have no pictures for you all, sorry.

I managed to find a spray primer that almost exactly matches my armor color!! It's slightly off, so I am using it for my drop pods and other vehicles. Thanks you Krylon, thank you very much.

I have been working quite a lot recently, and time has been quite tight. I am also glad that my painters block has come early in the event... Not ideal at any time really.

After cleaning off my work space over the weekend am feeling a bit more motivated, now if I can just muster the strength to pick up the brush and lay down some paint!! GAH!!

End of Line

• 2 months later...

A move and a serious case of painters block later, I have failed yet another painting vow... I need to keep my entries smaller and more manageable. Please help remind me of this!! HAHA

I've been slowly assembling 40 Grey Hunters for some flexibility to my army, as playing all TDA all the time is rather points intensive. So that's keeping me in the game right now.

The other thing keeping me holding on is an up coming 750 point game. Now I am unsure as to what to run at such a low points level. I'm not accustom to playing below 1500!! And help is appreciated!!

I got a little farther on the wolf priest until recently pulling out the bare head to replace it with a different head that I also ended up disliking... Go figure. More on him soon, I hope.

End of Line

did you move further away from Redmond or closer ?

We literally moved 5 blocks away from the last home!! :biggrin.:

Hows this list:

RP

-ML2

6 GH

-Melta and Rhino

6 GH

-Melta and Rhino

4 TWC

-4 SS and PF on the Pack Leader

6 Long Fangs

- 5 Missile Launchers

He'll be playing Nids and I have no clue what he will bring.

End of Line

it sounds like a list thats fairly well rounded for what you  wanna do , I still would prefer to run the 2 5 man wolf guard biker squads as opposed to grey hunters , but I guess with the abundance of poison being flung about from nids maybe its irellevant ,  Also you might wanna give the power fist to a regular dude and let the pack leader absorb challenges while letting the PF dude still be able to swing , just my 2 cents tho 

Good point on the fist location, I moved it over.
I'm curious is I need to take a RP against the psychic might of the nids... Would a combat lord or wolf priest be a better option??

I peeped your BT, Bladewolf. I'm frightened and looking forward to playing against them very soon!!

No one has any suggestions or comments on my little list??!!

End of Line

yea i think if going up against nids there isnt much point in investing in RP's as you will be overwhelmed by dice pools lol. sad but true. I mean you could get lucky and get a power or two off in the game but probably not worth it. Best creating more ablative wounds where possible / buffing them up.

Im only guessing but its a 750/1000pts Game?

I wouldnt get Mass ML against Nids since most is Max T6 and most Multi wound Models are T5 or higher.

I think 4 HB and 1 ML with the Split fire is far more Effective.

Nids have a AP2 Problem since the most common Ap2/3 is "rare" and mostly Single Shot or Rending. Exspecially in a low point game.

So 4 SS in a 4Man TWC is Overkill. Against MC a TH is far more effective then a PF since concussive really good against mc.

My SUggestion 5 TWC +1 TH and 1 SS on the Leader to Challenge the CH MC who has most likely the AP2/3.

A single RP against Nids is most likely bad Idea but if you run him Stick him to the LF on Prescience ML2 and give him a Psychic Hood!

In a 750 pts game he wouldnt have much Psyker anyway and most liklely only for bigger synapse.

Btw Your 750pts list has rouhly pts 768 so its over and a far to low for a 1000pts game?

for 750 pts you have 1 GH to much. For 1000pts get more GH till full.

Another Tip against Nids : Aussault Cannons and Hellfrost but i cant find a logical way to bring that into your list without completly rewrritting it. Additionally 2 RBAC in low points are worse than the equivalent point invested in GH.

Archived