The Call of the Abyss: The Crusade of Cinder and Ash

I think John Blanche did some Bloodletters that looked like they were swirling flame, they looked pretty awesome. Go with the ash look.

Spent a chunk of today finishing up the trim on my guys, just got the guns, pouches, random cabling and eyes to do. I think I'm going to take advantage of the fact I can paint at work tomorrow and get some done while herding the kids. I've got a game in the evening anyway, so I'll have my army with me. Note to self, take camera as well.

Dragonlover

Alright, so a quick update for you guys who were so kind as to offer your advice on the color scheme. I decided that I would actually go for different colors for the two breeds of daemons. For the newer daemons, I'm going to go for this ethereal mass of walking blood, while the older daemons will look more like a dark blackish charcoal, like the blood has clotted and scabbed. I wanted to have a bit of fluff to my daemons so I did some thinking about them. Looking at the model now, I realize that aside from the banner, the Hellblade is the only thing that seems tangible. And, with such emphasis and value placed upon these things in the fluff, I thought 'Why not make that the daemon?' So, to play on the whole living weapon concept, I'm essentially going with the idea that the Hellblade itself is what holds the daemon's essence, forged in the raging furnaces deep beneath the plain of skulls made only from the most bloodthirsty of warp essence made reality. From these blades, the blood of the crimson seas are drawn forth, twisted and manipulated into a shape to Khorne's liking, baring horns and fangs from the bestial skeletons that litter the Blood God's realm.

So he's all done aside from the base. I just noticed as I was taking pictures that he has moldlines on the legs... but I've already painted him and to be honest I just can't be assed... pinch.gif

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac352/Noctus-Cornix/20140512_222103_zps074aa500.jpg

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac352/Noctus-Cornix/20140512_222117_zpsb2d18676.jpg

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac352/Noctus-Cornix/20140512_222128_zps0c25d15e.jpg

Enjoy.

Thats a nice effect there. Blood for the Blood God over white?

Essentially, yeah.

1. Basecoat of Ceramite White

2. Layer of Blood for the Blood God

3. Healthy coating of Nuln Oil to make the recesses nice and dark

4. Final layer of Blood for the Blood God to give it that shine and a bit of thickness.

I have sworn my oaths in the Chaos ETL Page. But the Tide of Blood lends their strength to your cause. They ask that only that you bring death to the empire of man for to change the living to the dead via pain and blood and death is an offering to all the four. (Paint anything you like, though I would love to see some Nurgle.)

you gonna grab some of these ? 10338319_10203254622142570_8185036079598

Yes.... I want them.... I want them so bad.....

I have sworn my oaths in the Chaos ETL Page. But the Tide of Blood lends their strength to your cause. They ask that only that you bring death to the empire of man for to change the living to the dead via pain and blood and death is an offering to all the four. (Paint anything you like, though I would love to see some Nurgle.)

Welcome brother. Your presence is most appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...

The Stonebreaker's envoy demands an upgrade on the status of the crusade as the warband's warriors are readying themselves for battle. Iron Within. Iron Without.

gallery_43993_7905_52442.jpg

Slow going for me. Work and family needs kicked in to high gear and disrupted my painting schedule. That or it's trying to get done with these plague marines that I have had for 20 years and never could get motivated enough to paint them. Fortunately, I don't have to spend a month out of the country on business which was looking like a real possibility until last Friday.

Going to try to finish my first vow in the next week or so. Then just got to figure out what Khorne unit to add to my second vow and make sure I can at least double my points!

Is there still time to join the crusade?

Absolutely!

In that case the auguries of the Hands of Fate warband indicate all mighty Tzeentch desires us to join the Crusade of Cinder and Ash. May our forces meet glorious victory and ignominious defeat (or perhaps ignominious victory and glorious defeat) as go the whims of the great Architect of Fate. The Sorcerer-Lord known only as the Master will dispatch a ship full of our brethren immediately to rendezvous with your forces. They just need to get their cultist thralls to paint their armor. They're getting last lately, perhaps a few need to be sacrificed to Tzeentch to improve morale... 

We make no demand in return, except that if you will you would include a small hand, painted or torn from an enemy, as a token of our time fighting together. It is a sign used by our warband. We would be glad to include a symbol of your band on one of our own if your customs permit it.

It seems last week's warp storm flushed my dedication. So here goes:

Within the 47th company Night Lords there are those who dabble with the corrupting power of the warp. Led by Daemon Prince Kal Hazeri, this daemon infested chapter is simply known as 'The Lost'. They will be allowed by 47th Captain Tol Zhaqael to join with The Ruined King and march under his banner for as long as his Crusade of Cinder and Ash lasts, in exchange for one dreadnought dedicated to the Chaos Undivided, for the greater glory of the Gods!

Archived