The ETL - Do We Really Care?

Jolemai

My Brothers

As I am sure you are aware, the third incarnation of E Tenebrae Lux is upon us. Whilst the rules can be found here and our vows can be found here, it appears that with three weeks remaining for signing up there simply isn't much interest from my fellow generals.

In days gone by, we ruled dominated the painting competitions having notably won the last two subsequent LPC challenges. Our legion, chapter and its successors are well documented for having a flair with the arts, for we create some of the most beautiful armour, items and wargear seen amongst the Adeptus Astartes. However, we have failed to apply ourselves correctly to the ETL, losing to the Dark Angels and the Black Templars in ETL I and ETL II respectively and any son of Sanguinius should find that disgusting.

Our father did not sacrifice his life at the hands of the arch-traitor so we could have our honour questioned by those who would sit on the fence during the heresy and those who are a mere afterthought of the Imperial Fists!

We may have an old Codex, but there is still a lot to be gained!

• Our units are overcosted compared to our rivals, something we should use to our advantage (i.e. a lv2 Librarian is 150 before upgrades, Death Company with Jump Packs, etc)
  • We can make use of Forgeworld's Relic options
  • We can make use of Imperial Knights
  • We can make use of dataslates such as Cypher (One model from your bits box = 190 points)
As for me? In February just gone I had an apocalypse game where I needed everything painted and I increased my painted stuff to 5k leaving me with not much else. I will be away from my home (and paints) for 6 weeks at the start of June, but I have still been able to vow because I'll be damned to see our forum become a laughing stock.

The closing words can only be said by Soular himself:

The Blood Angels have, without a doubt, the very best Chapter fluff in the Imperium. We aren't all lame and disgusted with our bodies to the point of hacking bits off to be replaced by cybernetics, nor are we all goody-goody blue funboys with no real fluff short of, "Uhhhh... we got our asses handed to us by the 'nids." We aren't scouring the galaxy, searching for our brothers who turned to the dark side and might out us while living in a floating rock because we blew our own homeworld up. We aren't self flagellators in yellow armor, we aren't all albino with schtoopid mutant weirdos, we don't have lame claws growing out of our forearms, and we do not enjoy chowing down on a steaming bowl of dog food and rolling over for a nap.

We are among the oldest lived space marines. We are possibly the only ones who appreciate, and create art. We have a true hero Primarch that died in the service of the Emperor. Our Primarch didn't have canines, he didn't have pallid skin, or one freaky eye; he had wings! He had precognition without dabbling in the chaos arts. The Blood Angels are proud, yet not self-important. They fight as well as any marine, yet at the same time hold themselves back to keep from falling into the abyss of the Rage. I could go on, but I'd be speaking to the converted...

The popularity of marine armies waxes and wanes as GW focuses their baleful eye on each one. While our rules may suffer in light of the current armies, there will always be a core cadre of players who play them because they are just so dang bitchen' regardless of the rules.

Oh, I almost forgot... the Blood Angels are red. Not some fairy lame color like blue or yellow. Not presumptuous goth black, or goth-lite gray. Not green (I mean, green?) or white (coming up with a primary color was too difficult for them). They are red; the color of blood and violence. In other words, the color of why it's good to be a marine!

Now my brothers, go forth and bring honour to our Legion, Chapter and Successors once more!

I have not quit, by the Angel I will paint until my own blood is mixed into my red pots and my own sweat waters the paints down!

The Repainting will happen and in the Angel's name it will bring glory to our Gene Seed!

FOR SANGUINIUS!

EDIT: Brother, rename this thread. It is not a question to ask, but a call to arms!

I guess it may come down to time. Not everyone is going to be able to set aside time to guarantee to finish models. I made a small vow just for that reason, at least I can feel like I helped a bit That being said real life does come first.

I salute those Brothers and Sisters who are taking a shot at it, but I also respect those who feel they can't.

Well... pledge a minimum now, a character, a 3 man Death Company, 5 man tac/assault/scouts, a priest...

When that is done, you can take ALL the time you need to consider more vows, but you need to be in to do that.
If you're not in... well, you can't help...

Sorry, brothers, but I decided to bring my Death Korps of Kreig to Astronomi-con in Toronto in July, so I've thrown my lot in with the IG forum for this ETL as I finish up my models for the tournament. I wish you good success, however. The LPC success badge in my signature was as a BA.

I'm glad this has been mentioned, we all need some motivation to put brush to mini.

Some more then others...

This is the perfect opportunity to do just that.

If you can vow even one character, something like mephy would be great!

Its not about winning, its about representing the blood angels and all their awesome successors!

And with all that said I'm gonna pledge my second vow :)

I implore you all to make a contribution. Please. :)

With an aging codex our recruits are few and far between. We might not currently be the most numerous or "wealthy" faction. Many of us have over the years reached a high percentage of painted models. People starting "new" armies have a bigger percentage unpainted.

This shouldn't be an excuse for not participating. We might have an uphill battle upon our hands but if we can uphold our honour and do a good job that's a victory in itself.

I love old Yoda: "Do or do not! ...."

Regarding Epistolaries:

Wiki: http://warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/Librarians

http://i977.photobucket.com/albums/ae257/Pendragi/Librarian_Icons.jpg

The old codex Angels of Death:

http://i977.photobucket.com/albums/ae257/Pendragi/2014-05-11%2012.04.30.jpg

Summary:

A book on the shoulder = librarian

A Rams skull on the shoulder = Epistolary.

Happy painting Brothers.

Don't be shy! You just need to put your name forward for something simple this month and then, you've gotten until the start of August to paint it. Anything else is a bonus but if you miss the submission window you can't enter!

BLOOD ANGLES

http://mobi-wall.brothersoft.com/files/240440/b/12832304755383.jpg

THE LEGACY OF SANGUINIUS IS ALIVE IN YOUR BLOOD!

ATTACK WITHOUT MERCY!

THE TIME IS NOW!

I'm working on it, promise.

I did just check and my current vow is roughly the same number of models I painted in total for all of last years.  So its gonna take a bit, even with the air brush for back up this time around.

Brothers I stand here and swear that my sons of the blood will forever be by your side, I swear on this oath that next ETL I shall rally this forum with my heresy era sons of Baal.

Do not falter do not fail but stand proud as the noblest of the primarchs sons

Rules

If you excuse the slang, the tl;dr version is:

• Painting competition between forums/cluster of forums
  • Runs from 01/05/14 to 01/08/14
  • You have May to enter by placing a vow in your desired forum. After that, no new participants can enter.
  • You may place up to another four subsequent vows at any time. Failure to complete any vow will warrant exterminatus on any previous score.
  • The winning forum is the one with the most points successfully completed.
  • Historically, we own the painting competitions but this year we are having a hard time of it from the lesser factions.

Couldn't put it better myself! :P

Indeed the BAs were considered a super-power winning the LPC (then a major B&C contest) in 2010 and 2011! From 2012 the DAs won two consecutive LPCs (2012 & 2013) and there was no LPC in 2014. The ETL that started in 2012 had the BTs as winners in the first year and the DAs winner in the second year. So it seems the BAs are slumbering since 2011...

I THINK IT'S ABOUT TIME TO RETURN!

Archived