Are the Crimson Fists any good?

Merellin

So, I want to play Space Marines again.. I have some Space Wolves, But, You basicaly use 3 non HQ units in the book with little to no variation since the other stuff is a bit sub par.. And I kind of wanna play something newer while waiting for a new space wolf codex, And I do realy like the Crimson Fists. So I was wodnering, Are they good? Do they manage well, Or are they under powerd?

they have:

- better bolters. making your tacticals a little less dangerous (somewhere between BS4 and BS5 - 0.77 hits per bolt shot)

- better long range anti tank. devestators and centurion devestators have tank hunter, meaning they are more efficient per point and allow you to take less anti tank elsewhere in the army, focusing on other areas. they almost make flak missiles worth taking. but not quite.

so work best as an infantry heavy force. drop pods and rhinos, for example.

Thanks for the replies ^_^ I managed to find some Grey Knights in my boxes and decided to build up my Grey Knights with Astra Militarum allies (Or the other way arround) instead, Might get crimson Fists at a later point as I do think they are cool! ^_^

Also, if you take Pedro Kantor you get both scoring sternguard AND army wide preferred enemy (orks).   Which, if you play against orks a lot, is a bucketfull of WIN.

I like using them, great fluffy army.  I'm a fan of the awesomeness that is the imperial fists bolter drill, coupled with the tank hunters.  Pedro is great for making sternguard both offensively useful and able to take objectives, but he doesn't close combat well.

'Are the crimson fists any good'

I'm hurt.....depends on what you like with an army, will you be fluffy? Or do you just want uber units?

As for character and back ground the crimson fists are awesome....just a shame that everything I okay against orks I feel like I have to take kantor to get the real 'fluff' feel from them if you get my meaning?

• 4 weeks later...

I'm sure we will get a supplement, hopefully with Cortez

I'd love to get updated rules for Cortez, I still have one of the old Cortez models in my army, he was still Sgt. Cortez in the 3rd ed codex if I remember correctly but got a fluff promotion to Captain without new stats in 4th ed.

Archived