tarpitting houndstar

march10k

So on Saturday, I'm playing against a guy whose list is built around 20 flesh hounds with two jugger heralds on board...I was thinking of tarpitting them with a horde of armored sentinels while the rest of my list blows the rest of his list apart...since the hounds are S5, only the two heralds would be able to hurt the sentinels, and I have seven of them across three units...  What do you think?

But the juggerheralds can hurt them, it's just the hounds they are attached to.

I do not know if you have one but a Knight is the ultimate answer with this stomping attacks and nice melee swings, especially considering how little shooting daemons can bring.

Manticores are golden against fleshounds, as well as punishers.

I once played against a list consisting of 20 hounds with juggerherald with book of inv saves (don't remember the name), 2 units of 10 plaguebearers, a soulgrinder and K'ugath (or whatever this guy's name is). My army was a platoon of 35 guys with HB and flamers, 3xAC HWS, veterans with snipers and ML, 8 ratings, CCS with bla bla bla and finally, 2 LR Punishers and a Wyvern.

In short, opponent tabled by end of turn 4. One way of getting rid of that hounds unit is tarpitting it but I guess it is even better tu send it to oblivion with a rain of explosives and lead or bucket loads of dakka.

I used to tarpit a lot with lone sentinels but I've seen this tactic getting not as effective with the passing of editions.

I don't mind killing the hounds, I just want to divide and conquer.  I'll certainly drop a bunch of pieplates on their heads first, but as soon as I can shove some sentinels at them, I want to spend a turn or three killing off the rest of his list...two heralds will eventually kill the sentinels, at which point I hope the rest of his list is dead, and then it's time to pieplatte and torrent the little doggies...and with S8 and S10 pieplates, two wounds per hound won't matter!

Archived