2000pts Mechanicus

badgermeister

Hi

After a few hours of looking over HH3 and looking at the new stuff i 'just have to have' seen at the HH weekender i've come up with a 2k list that i intend to have built up and painted for next years weekender for gaming with.

Archmagos Satarael + 3 x Cyber Occularis

Tech Priest Auxillia (Lycraemarta flavoured) - 4 x servo have las locks

Adsecularis Covenant x 20 las locks + revenant alchemistry

3 x thallax - 1 x photon thruster

6 x thallax - 6 x heavy chain blade, 6 x melta bombs in Triaros transport

3 x castellax - 2 x Mauler 1 x Multi Melta, all flamer fists

3 x Myrmidon Destructors - 3 x Grav Imploders

1 x Thanator siege 'bot

1 x Krios Venator

Idea is my 20 thralls + Tech priest and gang sit on an objective and with the FNP upgrade become a bitch to shift.

My archmagos advances with the castellaxii , myrmidons and keep an occularis close for the interceptor ability.

Thallax go tank killing with the Triaros at any spartans and jump out and pop anything big and juicy like contemptors/tanks.

Thanator and venator maximise any shooting opportunities and provide alternative fire magnets than my objective campers .

the list comes in at 1999pts and is damn hard to finalise but as i have a lot of the models here listed its a cheaper way to get there!  any HH weekender gamers - whats the average point level being played this year?

• 2 weeks later...

probaaly 2000-2500 so maybe take 1 extra thanator and 2 krios venators with ya! Ho about removing the 3 thallax, and get another 20 thralls as back objective campers? The 3 thallax are't really gonna do anything in my experience, at all! with the left over points maybe get some nice extra upgrades!

i think i'll focus on a good 2k list.  i'm debating whether to drop the thanatar and squeeze more venators in as the special character does benefit the tanks and i have no doubt that someone will try their look and come with a 2k list that includes a primarch.

Venators were made for shooting primarchs and spartans so its a wee bit tricky.  Has anyone played the rules with the thanatar yet? how did it perform? how long will it tie up a primarch?

i used a list with 3 thanators: they beat up Horus AND Alpharius in one of my games, I first charge in some castellax to keep the primarch pinned down, the I throw in 3 thanators, killing a primarch in 2 phases of combat!

Hope it helps! Thanators are really good primarch and spartan hunters!

looking at the points level involved with facing primarch pairs i will alwayd fall back to the warhound i have. its about the only excuse i get to field it so 3 x thanatars arent that much use to me as i'll only play 3k list maximum :(

i'll play around with the list more when i get home in a few months - i suspect i'll have to run another 20 x techthralls in a mob instead of the 3 x thallax. Difficulty being is that i have the models already but i guess they can be stuck in my zone mortalis list instead

Archived