The Drax Incident v.2.0

Neophyte Schliecher cast a glance over the forlorn wasteland before him. Drax. He had heard of this place.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, second time of posting, I decided to do a small band of Templars visiting a planet named after a power station in North Yorkshire, though I still worry it sounds too much like Vraks. 

Drax is one of many planets kept in a permanent state of low-level Xeno infestation by the Templars for training purposes. Drax is infested with Feral Orks. The time has come for a clearance of Drax's single landmass before the Ferals get too advanced or too numerous and make the planet unsuited for purpose. This time, however, a Warphead has spored...

Schliecher quickly gutted the oncoming boar and scanned for a fresh target. None presented itself. He looked right and saw Castellan Drechsler neatly decapitate a monster of an Ork, a full head taller than even Drechsler, with a deft backhand swing. Schliecher would practise that move in the cages this evening. The beast fell, still trying to claw at the Astartes, too stupid to know it was dead. It hit the grey earth and was still. No Xeno moved. Site 2 was cleared.  

Here's what I have for a list;

Castellan Drechsler - Artificer Armour, Relic Blade, Melta Bombs

Brother Maynard, Bearer of the Holy Orb - Emperor's Champion

10/5 Crusader Squad - Flamer, Power Axe, LRC

10/5 Crusader Squad - Flamer, Power Axe, LRC

6/5 Crusader Squad - Flamer, Power Sword, LRC 

Stormraven Gunship - TL-MM, TL-AC

Stormraven Gunship - TL-MM, TL-AC

Unless one of you tiddly-peeps talks me out of an element of it, that is. The major things I like about this list are that it looks, feels and handles like a Templar list (IMHO) and it will be cheap, necessitating only the purchase of 3 LRCs, a Scout box and maybe $40 worth of bits.

Schliecher sat, and waited. Brother Maynard, Bearer of the Holy Orb, was due to lecture the Neophytes from the Book of Armaments. The clearance of Site 3 had not gone well. Squad Drei and Squad Vier had been tasked with clearing the eastern sector. There they had found witches; 'weirdboyz' in the Xeno tongue. Squad Vier had been eliminated; their transport 'Fahles Pferd' wrecked. Four Brothers from Squad Drei had gone to their Emperor. Witches were unheard of on Drax, their very existence an affront above and beyond the Xeno. Snapping out of it, Schliecher realised that Brother Maynard had arrived and was beginning.

"Und der Kaiser sprach, sagen: Zuerst..."

Schliecher drifted away again. He could picture the barrage with perfect clarity; could see every bone and tooth on the talisman of the witch responsible for it.

"...funf is verboten..."

Schliecher felt the hate rise. He remembered the words the Chaplains had imparted to him. Abhor the witch. He would feed the hate, stoke it. He would use it to avenge the Astartes he had not had the opportunity to call 'Brother'.

Abhor the witch.

http://i1202.photobucket.com/albums/bb368/res_ipsa1/maynard2_zps62fbfd26.jpg

Pict-capture showing Brother Maynard, Bearer of the Holy Orb. 

Drax, Site 3, 7.345.930.M41

So most of you big'uns will have seen Brother Maynard before. Unfortunately, he's the only Tempar I have even close to finished, so...

For that reason, and because I have ongoing projects with other armies ahead of this, it's probably going to be at least two months before I have anything (poorly) painted. I'll try to progress the fluff a bit in the meantime (if anyone cares). I haven't really ever fleshed out characters for an army before, so bear with me.

• 3 months later...

Archived