New FAQ's are up.

Syphid

And could also be interpreted as:  Hurricane Bolters are counted, as they consist of 3 x TL Bolters and Bolters are listed ...

We just need clarification from GW ... I guess we'll just have to wait lol

I'd love it if Storm Bolters and Heavy Bolters are counted too, but I feel the reality (and for fair gameplay) should be JUST Boltguns (thus also including Hurri Bolters due to description above)

And could also be interpreted as:  Hurricane Bolters are counted, as they consist of 3 x TL Bolters and Bolters are listed ...

We just need clarification from GW ... I guess we'll just have to wait lol

I'd love it if Storm Bolters and Heavy Bolters are counted too, but I feel the reality (and for fair gameplay) should be JUST Boltguns (thus also including Hurri Bolters due to description above)

Well the only reason that a Heavy Bolter wouldn't be considered is because it's sort of a different caliber of weapon (since it's technically stronger) and a bolt pistol is a pistol, and not really a rapid fire weapon.

Actually, Polythemus, I have been told that the digital 'dex still contains the prior FAQ wording for the PFG, yet it's no longer in the most up-to-date FAQ. Confusion reigns...

Gillyfish and Raztailin, I stand corrected, every change listed in the recent FAQ is currently in the digital codex (i own it), plus the one regarding the prior restriction to PFG functioning on occupants of vehicles and the limitation on the effects of the Standard of Devastation (bolters, combi-bolters, hurri-bolters). This is surprising to me as i remember looking for these changes in past FAQs and not seeing them, but nevertheless...

I would argue that the nephillim is still on par with the storm talon, even without the missile lock rule, however it will require some playtesting to verify. 

If you are using an apple product it sneaks them in whenever you sync...  I regularly find new podcasts even tho I dont remember the home comp updating...

if your right i will need to sync my ipad today and report back on whether those two changes remain.

so i did sync and the fact remains. The only thing that is not exactly the same wording as the FAQ are the notation in the digital codex on precision strikes. As for the rest PFG and St. of Devastation are as they were. We need to find out how many warp charge Mind Worm costs. 

Anybody else notice that the FAQ for the stasis anomaly has changed? They all stack for now. Makes the RBK even more powerful now.

If that's true than it could be possible to wipe out an entire unit from play.  I don't know about 7th edition rules but in 6th it said a model with a toughness of 0 is removed from play.

Let me make sure I understand this (sorry it's a bit confusing to me which is the 'lastest' source of information (digital or otherwise))

So the Dakka banner does NOT work for Storm Bolters? 

The PFG does NOT work on anything other than the vehicle it is in?

And I guess we can't cast mindworm until we know what it costs?

GW are just comically bad at this whole. FAQ thing. It's not like 7th lobbing was a surprise to them. Apart from anything else, why would you wholesale remove clarifications of ambiguous wordings?

Maybe they just want us to beta-test what is broken or nonsensical in the new rules.

Let me make sure I understand this (sorry it's a bit confusing to me which is the 'lastest' source of information (digital or otherwise))

Tha't's what I understand too

Doesn't work on the vehicle its in...only on the unit inside! If you want a 4++ LR you need the PFG to be within 3" of the model and outside

The whole thing seems very cack-handed* - the paper Faqs now differ from digital DA Codex auto updates? Am I reading this right?

Cheers

I

* and I say that as a left-hander myself :p

IMVHO, FAQs apply to both paper and digital versionsFAQ always overrules the Codex, doesn't mater if paper or digital. In any case despite admiting this is messed up, what I have is a paper Codex and a FAQ so I'll play it like it is. What happens on the digital version is none of my business so to speak so anything short of having 100 points Land Raiders and battlecannon firing whirlwinds, I'm not buying or using digital Codex rulings. I use what I have and my conscienc is clear about being legal.

In resume I have a cool PFG, nerfed missile lock and termie sgts.

Tha't's what I understand too

Doesn't work on the vehicle its in...only on the unit inside! If you want a 4++ LR you need the PFG to be within 3" of the model and outside

NOOOOOooooo!!!!  (kneals on the ground with a scream ) .....

....(rises his face with an evil grin ) "We shall still prevail"

IMVHO, FAQs apply to both paper and digital versionsFAQ always overrules the Codex, doesn't mater if paper or digital. In any case despite admiting this is messed up, what I have is a paper Codex and a FAQ so I'll play it like it is. What happens on the digital version is none of my business so to speak so anything short of having 100 points Land Raiders and battlecannon firing whirlwinds, I'm not buying or using digital Codex rulings. I use what I have and my conscienc is clear about being legal.

In resume I have a cool PFG, nerfed missile lock and termie sgts.

Totally understand what you say...the thing is that tournament scene in Spain is very house-rule heavy...I'd rather not build my castles in the air msn-wink.gif

I have the digital Codex and I'm really confused according the PFG.
This is what I found in two different places:
/http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h161/joakimkallstrom/PFG2_zps7c2e0bb5.jpg

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h161/joakimkallstrom/PFG1_zps7c6afd5c.jpg

The last picture has the same wording as the paper Codex. ermm.gif

Yes. Owner of paper codex can use PFG from inside vehicle, but owner of iPad version cannot. smile.png

By strict RAW this is what I also make out of this situation. And it's completely messed up, but hey, that's GW for you. tongue.png

Archived