7th Edition FAQ is up

Terrahawk

Same applies to Sarges.

No sarges are Independent Characters, because they don't join units. They are purchased as part of a unit. They aren't ICs - they can't leave the unit, they can't join another unit once the unit they were bought with die. They're characters.

So the FAQ isn't broken.

It's just dumb.

So from whats been said none of our hq leaders can join units any more as they are characters

not independent characters.

Same applies to Sarges.

The FAQ is broken

Independent character is  a rule, not a unit type.  All our ICs still have that rule, Mephiston and Sanguinor still do not.  No change in this way.

I will not stop playing my Blood Angels I don't care how bad they are!!!

Now let's look at this a little more rationally!

Did gw remove fast vehicles? Yes

Was it intentional?? I highly doubt it!

Did they nerf our chaplains? Yes

Was it intentional? I highly doubt it.

To me this looks like I rushed job to get a faq out and there are cut and paste errors. The person who did this FAQ should be shot, we required alot more attention than copy and paste!

Hopefully if we all send gw a polite email they will take notice and quickly fix the errors!

Assuming they fix these errors not much has changed at all. In fact we have probably improved with the cheaper ml2 psykers and dreads.

Edit

Sorry forgot about the mephiston nerf. That does sting a bit!

At the end of the day we have a new codex coming out.

Hopefully it sorts all this out.

Space wolves have also been nerfed.

There psychics are gone.

Maybe ours was removed then they will make new ones and sell psychic cards when our codex comes out. Marketing ploy.

Dispite all this ill continue to play BA.

Im currently halfway through painting 200 ba and vehicles and a fellblade.

Ill stick with my Chapter but Im a little dissapointed.

Removing our unique abilities could be a marketing ploy to make us buy allies to supplement our weaknesses.

Sounds silly but with GW its possible.

This will be clear when our codex comes out what is really going on.

I thought lucifer engines was a nice aspect to compliment Ba style of play.

Pulling that was pretty rank

If Frag Cannons go....hmmmm...might be some black rage going on

My main hope for this FAQ was to allow DC to score in Maelstrom missions...  since EVERYONE scores now, why can't they hold an objective for 1 turn?  It's malarky I tell you.

I'm not overly concerned with everything else.  Looks like it was a rush job typo.  I will continue to play with fast vehicles if I want.  At the same time, I use all pods and jump packs anyways.  Psychic powers are crazy good, biomancy is amazing.  I haven't used any psykers yet in my 3 games so far, but biomancy is looking pretty good right now...

Yeah, losing the codex powers sucks. The bright side? Mephiston rolling on biomancy with three powers and a free primaris...

Gets Smite for free: Another ranged attack that he can fire every round.

Gets three of the following:

1) Iron arm: Would result in S9, T9, and smash. Smash makes all his attacks AP2.....finally an AP2 Meph!

2) Enfeeble: His opponents are trying to wound T6 while their Strength is reduced  by 1.....not bad.

3) Life leech: Regening Meph....yes please

4) Warp Speed: Meph hitting on initiative 10....nice bonus against those pesky Eldar.

5) Endurance: 4++ save and eternal warrior...sign me up even if it is warp level 2.

6) Haemorrhage: Nice ranged attack, but warp level 2.

Losing wings hurts his speed, but toss him in a transport and he's good to go!

So "all friendly models with the Blood Angels Faction" means what exactly? Did our Blood Chalice just gain the ability to affect allied guard blobs?

Its cool, I played UM cause they sucked, ill stick by BA forever.

Baals still have fast, but I ran fast preds and razorbacks too so I'm upset.

Aura_enchanted that's a nice offer, but our manly tears might stain your girly dresses. ;p

And

Perhaps you would like to ride around in my 4++ land raid... Awww too soon!!

Is it me or can Death Company Tycho join units now? (EDIT: I think not, still no Independent Character SR)

Also no more deep striking for Storm Ravens? (EDIT: No more deep striking Storm Ravens, but that's not new.. or is it?)

Also Corbulo no longer provides 2++ apparently? (EDIT: Yeah, normal FNP check now, I think..)

Also, all of a sudden Death Masks look very cool? (EDIT: Ld or WS1 is pretty cool, especially if you have some Ld debuffs to back it up)

Sad to see Fast Rihons and Razborbacks go, but the only Armor I have are Baal Predators anyway (Infantry all the way!) so I don't mind too much..

There's nothing that suggests DC Tycho can join a unit now. I'm not sure where the question comes from?

The Storm Raven lost Deep Strike in 6th. It's a Flyer, and Flyers have their own rules for deployment now.

Nothing says Corbulo lost his 2+ FNP.

Death Masks are the same as they've always been, too.

Corbulos rule amendment is in regards to factions and the fnp rule (the benefits of units near him recieve )

He still retains 2+

It does not say it has been removed.

The units have infantry etc beside them to make clear what is infantry , bikes etc.

Infantry can enter buildings etc bikes cannot in the new rules.

So its there to clarify

Vechicles have there type beside it ie tank or walker.

Putting fast beside only two vehicles means just those two fast ones noted retain lucifer engines supposedly

but it is very unclear to an extent and i wonder if we should retain until our codex comes out.

Why are people saying Chaplains are nerfed?

As for me, I was currently playing mech and using Shield of Sanguinius quite heavily... I'm not that peeved by it as it's an excuse to try out something new with my Blood Angels!

Remember folks, it's not a setback, it's an opportunity!

It would be, yes.

Basically the reason for the change is because Unbound lists have no such thing as "detachments." So they can't put "in the same detachment" like they would have in 6th. You could mentally replace "Blood Angels Faction" with "friendly units from Codex: Blood Angels."

And the reason they didn't just put "friendly units from Codex: Blood Angels" is because 7th is leaving the option open that not every unit will actually be from a codex. It might be from a dataslate, or a formation, etc. But every unit will have its Faction specified, so it will be consistent in the edition throughout each Faction.

Archived