Gun slinger sister superior

Ok. I'm reading over the new dex and I was wondering if I am reading this right....

Can Sister Superiors take two plasma pistols still?

"A model can replace one weapon with one of the following..."

Does that mean that she can replace a bolter for _____ and her pistol for _____ or does it mean she can only replace a single weapon?

As I understand it, the ''can replace ONE weapon'' means that you can replace one of the weapon of the model, period. Not that it needs one weapon to be replaced. Just as you can't take two boltgun or two different combi-. It would indeed be awesome, but I don't see how that would be. 

"A model can replace one weapon with one of the following" I think this is just the verbiage left over from an old edition. My CSM codes reads as "A model can replace his bolt pistol and/or close combat weapon with one of the following", so you can have a lighting claw and a power fist, or two plasma pistols. I play Sisters too and thought of it as replacing ONE weapon for another ONE weapon, but you were able to replace both. Not sure I ever ran a Sister Superior with two pistols, but I don't think my FLGS would have an issue with it since I know that (at least most of) the other codexes can do that. If you and I were playing a game together, I would have no issue with you using a plasma pistol slinging Canoness or Sister Superior. 

So in short, I guess you need to go ask your FLG, lol.

The last codex said "and/or" for them but this one now says "can replace one". A plasma gun slinger was very awesome. Being characters you could choose what model if you rolled a six.

I figured it ment only one weapon. In just am because I now have 4 more models I can't use anymore. Getting tired of having more and more models that I can use. Every new dex it seems like I have several models that I use I can't anymore.

If someone asked me if they could take 2 plasma pistols on their sgt or superior I would always say yes. I'm all for looking cool and besides, I don't think the weapon is worth 15 points much lees 30 points on a slightly better than cannon fodder squad leader. There is no way a second PP could be considered over powered.

I've never subscribed to the interpretation that "replace one weapon with one of the following" means you can only do it once. It just means that you can't replace two weapons with one weapon, or vice versa.

Archived