3K IW Master Blaster aka Perturabo's Wet Dream

TompiQ

Hey!

I' have decided to start on a new force. Up 'til now, I've been working on a Justaerin Spearhead force led by the Warmaster himself. Lately, however, I've grown more and more fond of the massive typhon, and siege artillery in general. Due to the fact that I can't use Horus with a typhon I have decided to split it off into another force, namely that of the Iron Warriors, whose colour scheme I have aboslutely adored since I was a wee child.

So, the basis of the force is boots on the ground, and blasts. Namely, strength 10 blasts. With a siege theme in mind, I have thought up the following list:

ROW - The Hammer of Olympia

HQ

-Warsmith, servo arm 135pts

Elites

-Apothecarion Detachement, x3 apothecaries, Augury Scanner 150pts

Troops

-Legion Tactical Squad, 20 men, Legio Vexilla 260pts

Fast Attack

-Primaris Lightning Strike Fighter, Battle Servitor Control & 2 pairs of Kraken Penetrator Missile 200pts

-Primaris Lightning Strike Fighter, Battle Servitor Control & 2 pairs of Kraken Penetrator Missile 200pts

Heavy Support

-Vindicator, Machine Spirit, Armoured Ceramite 165pts

-Vindicator, Machine Spirit, Armoured Ceramite, 165pts

-Legion Artillery Tank Squadron, 3x Medusae, 465pts

Lord of War

-Typhon Heavy Siege Tank, Armoured Ceramite, 370pts

3000 points on the spot. The rite of war is mostly tacked on to give assault after firing to the tacts and extra armour to the tanks. This list puts out 5 S10ap2 5" blasts and 2 S10ap1 7" blasts per turn, with 36" reach (the Medusae have 42"). For air and flare shielded spartans/super heavies, I have 8 S8ap1 armourbane tank hunter shots, and my 64 boots on the ground will never retreat under fire, advancing to their objectives and holding them.

I feel it fits the Iron Warrior fluff perfectly, while probably being a blast to play. Oppinions and input much appreciated!

Iron within, Iron without!

Hell yes..... i just got a wett dream reading this list.....

biggrin.png

since you're using the IW rite you could have a 4th heavy support....

I could, but the points are lacking. I feel less than 60 boots on the ground is too low at 3k, unless you bring terminators. The RoW merely happens to fit in decently, and lets my guys charge after firing. Call it fluffy. It also allows me to just slap on another HS when moving to 3.5k or 4k lists.

Am I missing something somewhere that says HH armies can take more than one Lord of War choice? If so, where am I missing it?

Page 8 of the legion Army List (it's changed from betrayal) allows for different setups for your LoW slot. One possibility is a "War Machine Detachment" compromised of 1-2 Super Heavies with 8 or less HP each. They got to deploy/roll for and arrive from reserve within 6" from each other, but are considered separate units in game. Onslaught Force Org also allows for dual LoW slots, if you want heavier varieties in multiples. msn-wink.gif

--------------------------

As for the list, I've gotten suggestions on the Heresy forum to drop the vindicators for two Whirlwind Scorpius(es?) and slap on some Nuncio Voxes and melta bombs on my tacticals. In fact, I've thought of changing it up to this:

HQ

-Warsmith, servo arm 135pts

Elites

-Apothecarion Detachement, x3 apothecaries, Augury Scanner 150pts

Troops

-Legion Tactical Squad, 20 men, Legio Vexilla, Nuncio Vox, Extra CCW, Melta Bombs on Srg. 295pts

-Legion Tactical Squad, 20 men, Legio Vexilla, Nuncio Vox, Extra CCW, Melta Bombs on Srg. 295pts

-Legion Tactical Squad, 20 men, Legio Vexilla, Nuncio Vox, Extra CCW 290pts

Fast Attack

Heavy Support

-Whirlwind Scorpius, 115pts

-Whirlwind Scorpius, 115pts

-Legion Artillery Tank Squadron, 3x Medusae, 465pts

Lord of War

Thoughts? tongue.png

no, keep i this way, the rapiers are not needed here! MIR: Do you even play IW? They like overkill!tongue.png I like the list this way the most, but if you prefer it another way, no problems!biggrin.png

I agree, 3 medusas are wicked. When you say you like the list this way, do you mean before or after my edit? :P

Archived