BATREP to follow

march10k

I just arranged a 3000 point game against pure deathwing for tonight, I'm bringing my avenger for the first time, also it'll be our first 7th edition game...can't wait, will report here afterwards!  Two combined arms detachments and an allied detachment...gonna be fun!  He's a member of the forum, so I won't reveal my army list yet...BATREP tonight!

Sadly, we did not finish the game, and there was some disagreement over the final outcome as a result of truncating the match. Since the other player is a member of B&C, there will be no batrep.  I will say, though, that in spite of four mortis contemptors with dual TLLC and missiles to boot, not to mention two regular autocannon mortis, the Avenger not only survived the game, but killed a crusader and a mortis contemptor...and I managed to get off a round of 78 BS4 lasgun shots at a single target.  There were some good moments.  And bad ones, like a boxcar scatter on a demolisher shell that consequently clipped one of my own tanks by a thumbnail, exploding it!  Or like a deepstriking allied stormtrooper command squad with four meltaguns firing eight twinlinked shots (order issued to itself), only to kill three plasma gunners and no terminators!  Or a deepstriking melta stormtrooper squad hitting a dreadnought twice...for one glance.

He had 4 mortis contemptors with dual TLLC and CML, two Autocannon mortis, two thundernator squads in crusaders, and a deathwing command squad with 4 thundernators, a champion, Belial, a prescience libby (ended up rolling perfect timing), and a chappy with two relics.  Funny thing is, he knows I don't think (I'm a DW player, too) you're supposed to be able to take more than one relic per model, yet he cleared it with me in advance that he'd bust FOC without giving up battleforged (why not, it was a friendly 3k game), but surprised me at game time with dual relics.  I had six forward sentries with autocannons and (empty super-scoring) chimeras, Pasquisher with two LRBT squadron mates, two Demolishers, two hellhounds, seven assorted armored sentinels, an avenger strike fighter with missile launchers, and an allied stormtrooper detachment with two suicide melta squads and a command squad with four plasmas (intending to twinlink itself every turn).

Archived