7th Edition=Repentia!

MoreMelta

Must Admit I would love to see a Repenta/ Death Company Army but in the same breath I also like the appeal of of a Crusader Army with Black Templars.

Especially if you are leaning more towards the Witch Hunter era sytle with the Sisters.  I know Black Templars have had there spat with the Inquisition but then who hasn't?  When it is time to hunt down a rougue psyker you can't g wrong with a BT/SoB coalition.

Either way though, I am curious, do the Priests really help the Repenta that much?

Fluff or game? :lol:

He causes the unit to lose Fleet but gives a small boost to either Defense (re-roll saves) or assault (re-roll to hit and to wound -- but not penitration, as if you would need it anyway)

He is also an IC and gives a VP for missions like Purge the Alien that count unit kills.

In short, he can help but I usually have better place to put a priest when I take one (or three).

Jacobus can help a lot as he gives them a 5++ and with hymns, can allow them to re-roll the saves. It makes them a lot more survivable, which is especially important against large groups that go at better initiative than you.

He has to be the Warlord for the 5++

Game 2: charged and destroyed an Imperial Knight in one round of combat

I have zero interest in playing Sisters, so I rarely visit this forum... but this was just too juicy.

A bunch of insane naked girls with chainsaws CHARGED and then DESTROYED a GIANT GODS-DAMNED ROBOT in one round of combat. I can't even picture this (take that, narrative gameplay), and it isn't as if it was a result of a prolonged dice-off where one side had a bushel of four-leaf clovers and the other encountered fifty black cats on the way to the game.  No, this was one round, "pwned" in the parlance of modern cool kids (am I cool yet?) and I suspect the knight didn't even get its attacks back?

The amount of cognitive dissonance this could cause in some "new age sensitive guys" and feminists is chuckle-worthy. Is it empowering because girls > giant robot? Or is it sexist because they are naked and insane? And what if the knight "identified" as a female, like Jeff Tibbets' oh-so-flexible Queen Bee?

On a (slightly) more serious note, I weep for the ruleset that allows something like this. Whatever happened to "our weapons are useless"?

Game 2: charged and destroyed an Imperial Knight in one round of combat

I have zero interest in playing Sisters, so I rarely visit this forum... but this was just too juicy.

A bunch of insane naked girls with chainsaws CHARGED and then DESTROYED a GIANT GODS-DAMNED ROBOT in one round of combat. I can't even picture this (take that, narrative gameplay), and it isn't as if it was a result of a prolonged dice-off where one side had a bushel of four-leaf clovers and the other encountered fifty black cats on the way to the game. No, this was one round, "pwned" in the parlance of modern cool kids (am I cool yet?) and I suspect the knight didn't even get its attacks back?

The amount of cognitive dissonance this could cause in some "new age sensitive guys" and feminists is chuckle-worthy. Is it empowering because girls > giant robot? Or is it sexist because they are naked and insane? And what if the knight "identified" as a female, like Jeff Tibbets' oh-so-flexible Queen Bee?

On a (slightly) more serious note, I weep for the ruleset that allows something like this. Whatever happened to "our weapons are useless"?

HAHAHA!

A full squad of chainfists that get to swing (once each) even if they die before they go (at Init 1 so very likely) and you wonder how it happened? A Knight gets 3 attacks at I4. 3 dead Repentia. 6 Repentia with 2 attacks base and Rage (4 attacks each) plus 3 Spirit of the Martyr attacks for 24 chainfist attacks. Baby goes BOOM!

Honestly, even tho Sisters of Battle are not an army you see all the time, most people know not to let Repentia near their armored toys. With a 12" move there is no reason a Knight should have let that happen other than hubris. However, if you charge the Repentia squad with a tac squad the results would be very different.

Carpe femme, my friend msn-wink.gif

[edit]

Scratched the old rules. I should be embarased but I''l just pull the age card and go with demintia instead.

Lets hope that no one at gw sees this or we might get an "hotfix" to the codex.

Alltho knight falling to a squad of repentia is less morbid than daemon prince dying to empire crossbowmen in melee but that is a discussion for an other time and place...

Yes.  At Initiative step 1 it will get d3 stomps.  With 7th ed rules the target now gets normal saves and FNP rolls except on Overrun results.

Not that it would matter here since it is very likely every "surviving" Repentia took a SD, AP2 hit from the exploding Knight.

Raging heroes sisters of eternal mercy might be the answer for that. Let's just hope that history doesn't repeat itself...

The good news is that the store-front will have been put together thanks to the TGG kick. Potential for 6-8 weeks saving right there!

I put an 8 strong unit of these gals onto the field this weekend & they had a ripping good time. So good in fact that I'm going to paint the final 2 for the paint comp ASAP. 

I bought an Inq w terminator armour w Land Raider Redeemer. First turn, the ladies jumped into the LRR & made a B line for the Dark Angel LR on the other side. Turn 3 jumped out and tore it to pieces. The unit inside the LR used them as target practice & in turn died to the last, save the mistress...who used the Inq as a shield. Once the DA's were out in the open I used two units of 5 sisters w flamer/heavy flamer to roast them. He capitulated after that. All he had left on the table were 4 Terminators in three units (One was a solo char that made the termies troops choices) & a psyker. I lost 2 Pen engines, the 8 Repentia and 2 sisters. 

I do have a question concerning them though:

How exactly do the Eviscerators work?

This is how we decided to do it:

Choose one Repentia: Roll to hit; Roll armour Bane; Roll Inv saves for each wound; Consult chart for armour pen. 

This was his suggestion as to how it should work:

Choose one Repentia; Roll to hit; Roll AB for first wound; Roll Inv save for wound; Consult armour pen chart if needed; if applicable Roll AB for second wound; Roll Inv save; Consult armour pen chart if needed ect, ect. 

This is how I thought it worked (but as I don't have a lot of games under my belt, I'm probably wrong):

Roll to hit at current I(All 8); Roll Inv save for each hit removing successes from wound pool; Roll armour Bane for remaining Pool; Consult armour Pen chart.

Someone please clarify. My way can't be right or a unit of 5 would be more than sufficient to take out most heavy armour... but his way seems far too tedious & complex.... 

>> How exactly do the Eviscerators work?

Exactly like chainfists.

>> This is how I thought it worked (but as I don't have a lot of games under my belt, I'm probably wrong):

You are (almost) correct. 

Actually, the way it works against armor is: 

1. Roll all attacks  at the same time, count up the hits.
  2. Roll penitration for all hits, count up glances and penitrations into seperate pools.
  3. Opponent rolls any invulnerable saves allowed; roll one pool at a time.
    1. Roll saves for all glances.
    2. Roll saves for all penitrations
  4. Roll on the damage table for each unsaved penitration even if glances were enough to wreak the vehicle.  Since all attakcs are simultanious you still need to see if the vehicle explodes.

Since it is logically equivalent it is usually easier to roll saves before checking penitrations (on two dice each) just to make it quicker BUT saving against hits is not technically the correct way to do it.  Roll all penitration rolls first. It is slower but it is the "correct" way.  -- actullay the only correct way is however you and your friends agree to do it so if speed is more important than the letter of the law, by all means, roll saves against the hits!

Against models with wounds they work just like any other melee weapon.

Roll to hit

roll to wound

roll to save if they can

FNP rolls if they can

remove casualties

>> My way can't be right or a unit of 5 would be more than sufficient to take out most heavy armour

Yep.  See Knight story above.  A squad of 10 vs a Land Raider is like opening a soup can with a chainsaw.  However 10 Daemonettes should be able to kill them to a (wo)man before they have a chance to swing.  Repentia only work against targets that let them live until Initiative step 1.

where it gets slightly wonky is when you get to squadrons, there you do roll all the to hits first, then the saves, and then move on to armour pen.

Also, armourbane allows you to roll 2d6 for your armour penetration roll - however, this does not mean that it gets to do 2 'wounds'. You just do strength + 2d6 and compare that against the armour value for each attack that hit.

This means that each hit is very, very likely to penetrate, but you don't get multiple penetrations per hit.

Of course, with 2 attacks per repentia - and if they assault a vehicle, that's +1 for assaulting, so 3 attacks per repentia -, each with the high penetration chance, there's still very little armour that can survive a charge by them.

But, like Fibonacci said - if they can be intercepted they're very vulnerable to anything that hits enough times before the initiative 1 step.

Of course, with 2 attacks per repentia - and if they assault a vehicle, that's +1 for assaulting, so 3 attacks per repentia -,

Don't forget Rage ;)

That's 4 attacks per Repentia when they charge.

I could run out the math but the result is that a bare minimum squad of Repentia is enough to reliable take out a Land Raider or even a full squadron of Leman Russ tanks in one round when they charge.

Thanks guys. I think I may run the squad at a minimum... providing they could still put a world of hurt on an Eldar super heavy tank (A guy in the league has it sitting in his reserves with full intention of using it).

• 4 weeks later...

I field repentia against guard, as one of my friends has a leman russ parking lot. The very first time I dropped them on the board was without a transport at all as a test. 4 made it to their target, I still had 16 attacks and hit like 10 times. I killed a tank worth over 200 points with 170 points worth of half naked chainsaw wielding lunatics. 

Worth it just to kill one tank most of the time. Plus they're super scary, if you shoot them they're sucking fire from other units. With tracks the way they are now my heavy mech list just got really solid.. may have to borrow some grey knights from my buddy and try this land raider shenanigans though.

Also, holy crap they murder the hell out of some terminators. Are they a really effective unit? Nah, not really. Are they super duper scary and fun to field? hell yes.

Hello everyone

I'm just getting back into 40k after a long, long time away.  I played Sisters of battle with great success just before the Witch Hunter codex came out, and have not played since. Minus two games in the last month.

I was looking at using Repentia, and was thinking.  If you ally with the inquisition, and take a Valkyrie Assault Carrier Squadron, could you load Jacobus and the repentia inside?  Is that even possible, or no?

Archived