But now he has a mind of metal, and wheels.

Hi folks, just wanted to start off by posting a picture (long time lurker, first time poster).

I'm slowly collecting a Taghmata Omnissiah army. I'm not the greatest kitbasher in the world but I wanted to give a go at building a small Ursarax cohort.

gallery_80005_9686_1121.jpg

Here is my first one before I sorted out the base for him. How have another one done apart from a little bit of Green stuff work.

gallery_80005_9686_28882.jpg

Obviously, they are still heavily WiP.

I have another one that I've started on that has had his lightning claws upgraded to power fists.

gallery_80005_9686_6711.jpg

Arms need a lot of work to fit to the torso and I need to sort out the shoulders. Just blu-tacked it together to get an idea of how it would work.

I'm hoping to keep this log up and maybe include some fluff (which I always struggle with).

Hope someone likes this biggrin.png .

Teetengee: Here is a size comparison next to the one Thallax I've managed to get painted so far.

Lying down

gallery_80005_9686_9830.jpg

As normal

gallery_80005_9686_4984.jpg

They are about the same size as a normal Thallax, but more top heavy. Hope that helps.

Grotsmash: biggrin.png Thanks

The Treebeard quote gets my personal approval :P

That aside, they look damn cool; very nice kitbashing. I'm looking forward to seeing more models from you :)

Thats fine Darth, really happy that people think they are worth a like.

Blissful, what did you mean by white hand exactly? I assume you mean iron hands, but I am not sure.

That kitbash is amazing and I'm pretty sure the use of Tau kits like that is the most illegal kind of tech heresy and I'm screaming

You actually are obligated to make some kind of reference to Isengard in your army now. The forums will hold you to this.

You could go along the lines of Oilsredan's concept for his name, and you could also give him a name by which he is more commonly known by individuals outside the Adeptus Mechanicus, such as Zentar, Strandax or Queue (the last being a reference to Bond's gadget-man). It's all up to you :)

Ursurax look good, looking forward to more! :D

• 1 month later...

Its been a little while since I've posted a picture-been busy with real life and not doing a lot of painting unfortunately.

I decided to make two Jet Pack equipped Magos Primes.

gallery_80005_9686_10607.jpg

Plan on giving him a photon gauntlet.

He is massively WiP-plan on trying to do his hands like Iron Man.

Looking good so far. What torso is that?

Could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure it's from Tau Commander Longstrike. Maybe.

Nice converting dude, the Magos Prime is looking especially sweet so far!

It is the tau tank commander, with a head from the meridian miniatures kickstarter. Did try to green stuff the robes around his legs originally but it really didn't look good.

Archived