=][= Brother Argos is stepping down =][=

Fellow Chaos player -

Today Brother Argos has annouce that he will be stepping down. Which has been a very difficult decision, we all respect & are all greatful for the hard work Brother Argos has put in to make Bolter & Chainsword into a great commuinty for a hobby we all enjoy.

What this mean for us - For Bolter & Chainsword fourm to keep going, we will be looking for donate to keep this great commuinty on going. Ever support will help the fourm. You find the donation "button" on top right of your screen on the home page/main fourms.

I know it thanks to Bolter & Chainsword fourm I've gotten to met a lot of great people, from Warhammer World - Throne of Skulls event & Games Day over the years.

You can find Brother Argos post link here:

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/291852-stepping-down/

For the last 12 years I have been technical admin and paymaster for the B&C, however the last two years have seen a decline in my eyesight due to severe proliferative diabetic retinopathy. I have around 50% of my original eyesight remaining after two years and cataracts developing due to the damage done by my extensive eye operations. The summation of this is that I cannot easily see to paint figures or models as I once did and it has been painful to feel my modelling skills slip away as things got worse. This in turn has led to a decline in my involvement with the hobby in general.

As I am sure you can understand this has also had a personal and financial impact upon my welfare. Given this in the near future I will be stepping back as paymaster of the B&C, followed over the course of the next year by handing over the technical administration role.

This will mean the B&C needs to self fund, our current expenditure runs around $200-$250 a month, which I have been personally covering. We have successfully used donation drives to fund new hardware a number of times and I propose this could be used to cover the running costs of the B&C for the next year. Also something that needs to be made clear, is that T-Shirts, Dice and Bags do not raise enough money in the course of a year to cover a single months payments.

You will notice a donation button in the top left hand corner of the home page, if you wish the B&C to continue as it is then you will need to step up and donate to ensure that!

In the past, we have always risen to the challenges we have faced, replaced expensive hardware when needed due to your generosity, now the Bolter & Chainsword needs to stand on its own two feet and only you can make this happen.

I am sorry that I will be unable to continue to support the B&C as I have always done, this has been a hard decision for me .. but I think the right one.

- Brother Argos

TLDR; Donate to keep the B&C Running NOW

Archived