Not enough Plasma

Kilofix

40 Tacs, Flamer Supports, Missile Heavys, Spartan, Venator, Rapier, Mortis AC Dread and I again forgot to bring enough Plasma to take on an almost all Terminator (PotL) 2+,4++ list.

AP2 from my Spartan, Venator, etc. helped but volume of fire wasn't sufficient (especially against cover). My other Marines (inc Flamer and Missiles) and Dread were mostly ineffective.

I'm thinking maybe I need a 5 or 10 man Plasma Support squad. Or maybe a Vindicator, or even trade a bunch of points for a Glaive.

Thoughts?

Thanks for the opinions.

Yeah, I'm facing heavy lists myself, and its a challenge. Spartans, normal LR, forget Super Heavies...not quite sure what to do.

Plasma Cannons may be your friend for after they get out, but how to actually force them out?

Its actually not the high AV that I have a problem with. The Spartan, Venator and Rapier all do well against high AV. And, if I need to, I can Meltabomb with the Tac Sgt of which I have plenty. But its the large squad TEQ 2+/4++ that I seem to be lacking against. I think I will try that 5-man Plasma and a Vindicator both to see if that closes that gap.

I've had good luck using Predator Executioners. Plasma support squads are really spendy. For those points I'd rather grab 2 AV13 hulls that throw out 6 small basts.

Lascannon sponsons or a command tank upgrade makes them decent at tank hunting or a nasty surprise for deep strikers.

I've had good luck using Predator Executioners. Plasma support squads are really spendy. For those points I'd rather grab 2 AV13 hulls that throw out 6 small basts.

Lascannon sponsons or a command tank upgrade makes them decent at tank hunting or a nasty surprise for deep strikers.

Thanks, had forgotten about thos. And, I can scratch build a Plasma Turret pretty easily for my existing Preds.

Archived