What's Next For My Blood Angels?

Baal predators :) although were not sure if we keep fast or not, the heavy firepower they dish out is very good. If you have just have one pivoting one the spot ala a turret theyre still very dangerous (not fast baal predator dangerous, but still :D )

That and theyre one of those units that just screams "BA!!" to me :)

Definitely. If you want something that's non-infantry the safest bets are Baal Predator or Furioso. Both very Blood Angel-y units. Baal predator is best in the abstract, as the furioso needs transport to get where it's going (either a raven or a pod) unless you run a librarian furioso, in which case it's probably better on 'foot' in support. 

@ElectricPaladin

Yeah I know that they almost certainly won't get rid of a model, I'm concerned that they might change some rules making a model unusable for play - because its too many points, or not as good etc.

Oh, ok.

Well, there's no way to know if that's going to happen. It seems to me that GW doesn't even do that on purpose - they just sometimes sit down to write usable rules and screw it up. Isn't, never was, and never will be any way to predict it. I recommend that you put it out of your mind and get what you like right now. If it sucks in our 7th Edition codex, it'll probably be cool again in our 8th. You are in this for the long haul, right?

Oh, ok.

Well, there's no way to know if that's going to happen. It seems to me that GW doesn't even do that on purpose - they just sometimes sit down to write usable rules and screw it up. Isn't, never was, and never will be any way to predict it. I recommend that you put it out of your mind and get what you like right now. If it sucks in our 7th Edition codex, it'll probably be cool again in our 8th. You are in this for the long haul, right?

Yeah I know there's no way to know what the new codex will bring, but I just don't want to buy like Mephiston as my 2nd unit because it'll just take me longer to build up to a playable army, but I'm trying to moderate that with the possibility that things might change drastically with the new codex so I think I'll get the Baal Pred, and then after that probably some more assault guys just to build up more of a force

Whaaaat?

Mephiston

assault squad in heavy bolter razorback

Battle forged 500 pt army right there! tongue.png

Okay as previously stated I'm a noob, I just said a unit that is high points, and usually not used for smaller point armies, but I guess this would be a good list, but I don't know.

Also totally separate point: Is it worth it to (not right now) get the BA Battle Force and some extra jump packs to build 20 assault marines and a rhino?

Whaaaat?

Mephiston

Battle forged 500 pt army right there! :P

Ran something close to this for a escalation league. Super nasty for the first few games. Most people looked at the list and just shook their heads at me. Well as long as they knew who mephiston was.

Archived