BL Author Blogs

Would be good to have a list where the different authors blogs are kept up to date.

Welcome to B&C by the way Rob. I really enjoyed Legion of the Damned.

Hail and welcome to the hallowed halls of B&C, brother. Well now, I see we have another of Black Library's finest joining us. Feel free to have a look around and ask us any questions you've got. :)

ADB, Sarah Cawkwell, now you! It's getting to be you can't take a step around here without walking into a BL author. . . biggrin.png

In all seriousness, welcome! As an old Alpha Legion fan, I have to tell you how much I really enjoyed The Serpent Beneath. It's a great read and a worthy successor to Legion.

Aye, welcome to the forum. Enjoy your time here and feel free to ask any questions that you may have.

Also, keeping a list of BL author blogs is a pretty neat idea. I'll contribute what I can.

Welcome, truely glad to have you here. 

That being said be fore warned that this way lies madness.  We fans are often excessively brutal with our complaints.  Many times seemingly at odds with something we said in another post/thread.  If we even knew what we wanted it would make your job easier.

If you're not scared off yet.  Then more additions to 30K like 'The Serpent Beneath'  would be greatly appreciated. 

Olisredan - Hail, brother. *Fist to chest* Thanks for the welcome. : )

Deus Ex Ferrum - Thanks, Deus. Glad you liked 'The Serpent Beneath'. Yeah, following 'Legion' with the Alpha Legion was tough. Especially with the Cabal stuff left in the last few pages of the novel. Thanks, Dan *shakes fist* and, of course, thanks Dan. : )

SteelPaladin - Hi SteelPaladin, yeah I was out of the loop for a little while there. : ) I love writing Alpha Legion. My latest for them is the Horus Heresy short 'The Harrowing' in the anthology 'Sedition's Gate'.

Battle-brother Ludovic - Thanks for the welcome, if I have any questions (apart from the one about where babies come from) I'll be sure to ask. : ) Cheers.

Thanks, Stonerhino. I loved writing 'The Serpent Beneath'. Cheers. Great quote, as well. In my former incarnation as Head of English at a secondary school I had King Lear's 'This Way Madness Lies' stuck to the back of my office door. : ) So true.

Deathspectersgt7 - Found your thread and love your work. Great attention to detail. You give the Excoriators real character. Brilliant. How would you feel about me linking to your work and the thread on my blog in a future entry?

It's fantastic to have another BL author amongst us here. Your stories have regularly been amongst my favorites and Warsmith Dantioch is easily my favorite character of the Horus Heresy.

Now then, first things first. Internet forum etiquette :P

Now then, first things first. Internet forum etiquette tongue.png

I think I can field that one: It's best to try not to double-post (or in this case quintuple-post). Generally this is down to pure etiquette and nothing else but there was a time when this was genuinely a problem. As you can see by the options at the bottom of each post you make there is the option to 'edit' your replies - should you need to add more information or change what you said, that button is your friend. ;)

Hope this helps or, if you knew it already, I hope that didn't sound condescending. :D

Deathspectersgt7 - Found your thread and love your work. Great attention to detail. You give the Excoriators real character. Brilliant. How would you feel about me linking to your work and the thread on my blog in a future entry?

You are more than Welcomed tothumbsup.gif

Nice, another BL author joins the fray. I rather enjoyed your HH shorts, especially reading The Serpent Beneath after just finishing Deliverance Lost.

Your Space Marines Battles book on the Excoriators made me interested enough in them that I was wishing you'd focus less on the Legion of the Damned in comparison, and it was their book.

Got to say I loved the way you handled Tauro Nicodemus! Sure I'm biased but I need some Ultramarines loving!

He seemed generally hard and important compared to those around him and he actually came across as confident too, giving an air of his reputation without stating it directly. Subtle and well implemented.

Oh and welcome to the forum. I'd like a catalogue of author blogs for an easy reference actually. Great idea .

I have only one problem with the story from Sedition's Gate: I was planning on writing something very similar for my own amusement, and you went and did it better. I'm gonna echo the rest of the thread: please write more Alpha Legion!

Dragonlover

Hey Rob!

Big fan, The Serpent Beneath is my all time favourite HH story.  Also pumped my first in the air at the cameo of

the Omicron (the name of my own AL ship) making an appearance in The Harrowing

Look forward to reading more.

Archived