7th ed game - Mephiston/Corbulo combo- Wow - The Mephistar?

Awesome, thanks for the feedback! I always thought Meph and Seth were good CC models, no? And since I am using the LRC to get them as close as possible, and then assaulting, the mixed T should not be that big of an issue right?

Unless you roll well on warlord traits or psychic powers you don't have much in the way of buffs or means or dealing with high S, low AP attacks.

Other than that they will kick some serious butt, just keep them away from truly scary things. 

If you're up against hordes you still shouldn't need seth anyway. Meph and corbs between them should be able to send a horde unit running in one round without taking a scratch. If they don't, hey they're locked in cc and protected from shooting for a turn and they'll finish them off in your oppo's turn so you can consolidate and line up for the next assault in your turn.

Or you could still take seth and then split him off to attack a separately on his own when you assault.

• 1 month later...

I see, well I hope you enjoyed while it lasted msn-wink.gif It's gonna be tough pulling off something like from now on.

Why ever would you think that, K&F ???

http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110926155531/warhammer40k/images/8/8b/Culexus_colored.jpg

Loth casts Iron Arm first. If he passes, majority T7, then, if mephy gets it (which he did) he attempts - if he passes majority T9 biggrin.png

Do you not only get one attempt at it, as the unit can only attempt to cast the same spell once per psychic phase?

I read the "psyker unit" as the individual model - as opposed to unit all inclusive of all models and characters.

Here's my thinking:

The phrase:

"Then, select a psychic power known to the selected unit that the unit has not already attempted to manifest in this Psychic phase." mentions "the unit" - which in that sentence refers to the previous sentence's requirement for you to "select one of your Psyker units"

And "psyker unit" by the rules is:
"For the purposes of all rules, the term ‘Psyker’ and ‘Psyker unit’ refers to any unit with the Psyker, Psychic Pilot or Brotherhood of Psykers/Sorcerers special rules."
Because a combination unit of any psyker + non psyker will render this rule nonsensical (on account of the unit not having the psyker rule,but a specific model having it), the implication is that psyker unit is in reference to the specific model/unit (in case of brotherhood) casting it and not the combo.

Archived