Rare and cool Templar art

The first, and last photo of Kastor Krieg, post action. When asked for commentary of why the scribe was slain, Kastor simply shrugged and offered a very simple reply.

"While the kill itself is something to appreciate, to capture an image of combat can truly bring out the zeal. Long story short, he didn't get my ZEAL side."

Nice artwork, but stop posing, there are more Nids to kill!

While it doesn't make much sense to equip a dreadnought with a power sword (why bother, he already can deliver devastating blows with the DCCW) it looks awesome.

HELLO, you can start slaying heretics sooner with a sword.

While it doesn't make much sense to equip a dreadnought with a power sword (why bother, he already can deliver devastating blows with the DCCW) it looks awesome.

HELLO, you can start slaying heretics sooner with a sword.

Hey, sometimes you just want to see how many heretics you can kill in one fell swoop of the blade. None do it better than Hildebrand... well.. aside from Sigismund of course..

You know what that guy has which I wish more Templar models used?  Candles.

Helbrecht's got 'em.  Grimaldus' got 'em.  They're cool, a (neglected) icon, and easy to make.  Why the hell don't we see more of them?  I'm asking myself that same question, mind you.  I've thought of it several times, but for some reason they never make it on to my models.

Anyway, cool pic.

Put them pretty much exclusively on backpacks, or on to ornaments on backpacks like with Grim and Helbrecht. Putting them anywhere else doesn't really make much sense.

Haha, yeah, I started trying to make little candles for my chaplain's backpack then went "hang on, he's riding a bike..." Not sure I can have billowing banners AND burning candles on the same models...

Put them pretty much exclusively on backpacks, or on to ornaments on backpacks like with Grim and Helbrecht. Putting them anywhere else doesn't really make much sense.

use blood angels parts with reliquaries-- remove any ba icons in them, insert candles-- astartes war plate are relics in themselves-- it's entirely plausible chapter serfs maintaining armor would come to view their appointed armor as a shrine to be worshipped at by candlelight.

Surprised I didn't see this in a quick skim of the thread.

http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/ffg_content/deathwatch/DW01-56-Black-Templars-(Seeking-the-Emperor-s-Blessing)-Matt-Bradbury-2_3.jpg

Tabard, crosses, chains, shield, candles, hate...throw in a lantern and he has every Templar aesthetic device.

The very first picture in the thread has candles, too.  Candles y'all.  Candles. :wink:

Edited by Brother Tyler
Hot-linked image turned into a link.

Again a Dornian brother, seems to be a champion of some kind? I wonder why NONE of his fists are in the Crimson of Alexis Polux?

http://wh40kart.im/_images/c61460f4972188faae8e1b2709072779.jpg

Edited by Brother Tyler
Hot-linked image turned into a link.

Just pointing out that both his right pouldron, knee armor and sword have Templar insignia... also he is shown to have a more ancient form of Power Armor (mk. III perhaps?) and a Tabard...

I think this might be an illustration of one of the Templar ancestors... a Templar Sword Brethren during the days when Primarchs walked the earth, and the Emperor walked among his people.

Just pointing out that both his right pouldron, knee armor and sword have Templar insignia... also he is shown to have a more ancient form of Power Armor (mk. III perhaps?) and a Tabard...

I think this might be an illustration of one of the Templar ancestors... a Templar Sword Brethren during the days when Primarchs walked the earth, and the Emperor walked among his people.

Our Templar ancestors didn't wear tabards, apparently.  If you believe the Forgeworld sculptors anyway :dry.:

Our Templar ancestors didn't wear tabards, apparently.  If you believe the Forgeworld sculptors anyway :dry.:

My turn to say Wrong :p

according to the latest FW IF Command Models, some Templars back in 30k had to 'earn' their tabards :D