Thinking of starting Apokolypse/Escalation as Chaos?

So, my friends and I have just taken our first steps into the world of Apokolypse and Escalation. Now, none of use are competitive gamers, we basically play while drinking, and have fun.

My question is, which kinds of units are fun to play, and which Forge World book would contain the newest rules for units such as the Daemon Lords, Bloodslaughterers, Relic pattern tanks, Chaos Contemptors, Decimator Daemon engines, and all the other awesome chaos units? Since 7th just dropped, is Forge World likely to rerelease the book in question? Should I perhaps wait on that for a bit?

Also, while I just picked up the new(er) Apokolypse book (the one they rolled out with the Khorne Lord of Skulls and all), do I need the Escalation book too? Does it just contain super heavy rules and allow the use of the Lords of War in Force org?

I can't wait to try my hand at Apokolypse. Since I own over 10k points in the Forces of Chaos (before super heavies and formations), it'd be nice to use some of it :P

With 7th you can play apocalypse sized games without needing apocalypse rules. The apocalypse just adds a few things like strategic assets, unnatural disasters and finest hour.

You don't need escalation now for 7th

You need Escalation to get the datasheets for the units in it, but most of the rules are now in the rulebook.

The latest Imperial Armour: Apocalypse has the rules for all the other stuff you mentioned. Came out last year.

Dragonlover

Archived