Haegl's ETL III WIP - Vow Fulfilled

So, after having been lost in the warp of RL and laziness for just over a month (in a truly Lysandery fashion, if I may say so myself), my vow to E Tenebrae Lux is ready to commence.

In the name of the glorious Emperor of Mankind, beloved by all, doth I, Brother-Librarian Haegl, Epistolary of the Imperial Fists, answer the call of E Tenebrae Lux. Therefore, I voweth to complete half of 3rd Squad (Tactical) of 5th Company under Veteran-Sergeant Xerxes, Encased Brother Phaetos of the 5th as well Myself, as enlisted in the Codex Astartes, within 0583014.M3. The Tactical Calculation Value of the force above numbereth 335. Success bringeth eternal Glory to Chapter and Primarch, whereas failure marketh me with the Badge of Shame until year-end.

So, here follows my starting pic (my apologies for the lack of focus, the picter wouldn't focus on more than one model):

gallery_78713_9718_5.jpg

It is my intention to paint these in the same scheme and quality (or better, ofc) as the two miniatures below (and yes, with the gothic-script names):

gallery_78713_9718_69777.jpg

gallery_78713_9718_34931.jpg

I am by no means a quickpainter, so don't expect me to be quick about getting this done. But I have made a vow, and I shall hold it, the Emperor and Dorn be my witnesses.

Of course, all C&C iss extremely welcome, brothers (and sisters!).

Now, not having done anything postworthy just yet (the libby's blue is being worked on, pics within the next couple of days), I figured out that I should maybe tell a little more about my humble force (if only to not make the progress post threadomancy...).

Anyway. My 5th Company Imperial Fists is somewhat boarding/manufactorum-themed (especially the tediously built bases), and I try to take care regarding equipment, with details such as letting all tac marines carry combat knives, every model carrying a helmet* (though not necessarily wearing it). I also intend to name each and every single marine (therfore the baserim script), so don't be to suprised if I write a little back story for some of them (though I won't be nearly as thorough as some of our brothers). 

I'm going for a mark: 00.45.01-ish (i.e. early engagement phase, for those who are not familiar with Know no Fear) kind of weathering grade on my marines, by using a bright yellow for the armour and following up with a chipping effect. So no grimy yellow around here. 

Any further suggestions are welcome, and I will try to haul my lazy rear into action, after all, I have a vow to fulfil.

*: I just don't have the space to fit a helmet on Haegl, neither under the psychic hood nor on his belt. Any explanatory fluff suggestions are more than welcome. 

• 4 weeks later...

Behold - The Progress!

After having been stopped from painted due to a Xenos incursion (I had to give up my room and workspace due to visitors) for the past two weeks, I have finally gotten something done! woot.gif

More specifically, I have finished the bulk of the Epistolary, i.e. the model sans head, backpack, force weapon and plasma pistol as well as base (is that necessary for the ETL?).

gallery_78713_9718_42067.jpg

gallery_78713_9718_56524.jpg

gallery_78713_9718_11245.jpg

So here is what you can expect of me (on a site note, the two marines in the original post are also my work). The markings are part decal, part freehand. Any questions, critics and comments are welcome and encouraged.

Aaand my frst model for the ETL is finished.. only more to go now..

Haegl, my power-armoured model manifestation, has indeed been finished an put on a temporary base. I'll build the real one after the ETL, possible a 40mm. But, as pics always say more than words (they didn't come out very well this time, though)...

gallery_78713_9718_16880.jpg

gallery_78713_9718_39452.jpg

gallery_78713_9718_60822.jpg

gallery_78713_9718_54148.jpg

So here he is. all comments, critics, ideas and suggestions are. as always, welcome.

The next model will be Brother Lithras, the Tac-marine with the plasmagun.

Well... so I figured out that this is supposed to be a WIP thread, so I might as well just post some work in progress. I present to you Brother Lithras, of 3rd squad, 5th company IF, in all his yellow glory:

gallery_78713_9814_26492.jpg

He came out a bit more brownish than the bright yellow wanted, but its less apparent in real life, so he'll blend in when the contrasts (metal, black and red) are applied. Furthermore, I tried out to paint thinned Skrag Brown in the armour panel recesses, and am quite satisfied with the result.

I also painted his base up:

gallery_78713_9814_49029.jpg

The numbers 8 and 728 are decals from the Space Marine Vehicle- and Cadian Shock Troopers Decal Sheet respectively.

Opinions?

• 4 weeks later...

And so, with mere hours of margin, my Vow is complete. I had to rush a little in the end, so the miniatures did not get their names written on them and the odd marking is missing (on the running & the grenade-tossing guys), but they are painted.

You want proof, you say? Well brace for crappy pics, for here come images that seem to have been taken by an Ork with electronically induced muscle spasms...

gallery_78713_9814_4391.jpg

This is the best igot, for now. The Primarch's Honour is maintained.

Also, critc-wise, feel free to be brutal. You cannot possibly say anything negative that I haven't already told myself.

The Emperor Protects.

Archived