Sons of Horus and Mechanicus - 2000 points

Ishagu

Please tell me what you guys think. I've picked out models I like but also tried to keep the list decent... I know some of my models are very expensive and would suit larger games, however 2k is the sweet spot for my gaming group...

Sons of Horus Primary Detachment:

HQ:

-Master of Signal

Troops:

-Justaerin Terminators x 5, 4 Power Fists, 1 Chain Fist, Multi Melta

-Legion Veteran Squad, 10 Marines, Fearless, Combi Plasma, 2 Plasma Guns, Rhino

Heavy Support:

-Legion Sicaran Tank, Las Cannon Sponsons

-Legion Sicaran Tank, Las Cannon Sponsons

Lord of War:

-Horus Lupercal

Legio Cybernetica Allies:

HQ:

-Magos Dominus, Rad/iRad Cleanser, Volkite Serpentia, Mechanicum Protectiva, Augury Scanner

Troops:

-Tech Thralls x 10, Las Locks

-Castellax Battle Automata x 3, Mauler Bolt Cannons, Bolters, Enhanced Targeting Array

So, I hope this looks more dangerous than my previous list. Are the flamers a superior choice to Bolters on the Castellax? The Master of Signal will be in the same unit as the Tech Thralls, who also serve as bodyguards for the Magos. They will advance behind the Castellax...

Also, should I swap the plasmas in the veteran squad for Meltas? I plan to have the unit outflank possibly...

The Justaerin are really overpriced... But I really wanted to theme the army on Horus and his Elites.... Let's face it, Primarchs and other cool characters are the reason we got into 30k!

squeezing a primarch and an allied detachment in 2000pts seems a little funky.

Your list does read a little like youve added stuff to your FW shopping basket and drawn a rough list around that - i'd cull the sponsons off the sicarans and lose the tech thralls to try and gain another vet squad to even things out.  Also consider using the justaerin models but proxy them as standard termies so you get the best of both worlds

Archived