A Templar's Sisters

Hi! smile.png

I play SM, mostly Black Templars. I just got my hands on (metal):

1x Saint Celestine
9x Seraphim (6x BP/BP, 2x BP/Flamer, PP/CCW)
7x Battle Sister (4x Bolter, MultiMelta, Flamer, vet with Power Sword)

I have no first clue about the codex, always wanted metal Sisters to run alongside my Templar force. I will also be using an Ordo Hereticus Inquisitor with a Null Rod (kitbashed from a Tempestus Scion leader + stormtroopers.

I'd like to make them all a fluffy and cool force, but also have fun with the various game mechanics. For example, I have zero qualms to counts-as a converted Sister as "Cypher" and make her the meanest gunslinging infiltrating Sister out there! But no psykers! Nu-uh! biggrin.png

Anyway, my questions:

• Any ideas for a GW or not model I could convert into my Cypher-Sister?
  • What other Sister models do I want / need for that army? Are these even full proper squads? What am I missing (both good rules and cool fluffy, still available models)
  • Similarly, what models would you use to kitbash some Arcoflagellants and Death-Cult Assassins? I considerede Wyches, but there might be too much conversion needed to make them look less DE (and I don't do GS, yet).
  • Any advice? :)

+ EMPEROR PROVIDES. EMPEROR PROTECTS +

IIRC those models can be used to create legal entries (sounds like an allied contingent), but I am not sure as to the exact weapon outloads, you may have to decide which to use each game in slightly smaller squads if you end up using actual SoB rules. I'll come back to you if I think of any good kitbashing opportunities.

For converting a Sister to use as Cypher, then the Seraphim or Canoness models are perfect.

I'm especially fond of this model to make conversions with, since the posing makes it very easy to manipulate (especially compared to the other Sisters sculpts), but the Seraphim Superior with bolt pistol and power sword is basically the same model with a helmet on.

You have a legal allied contingent there. Your infantry basically make up a sub-optimal battle sister squad (multimeltas cost the same as meltaguns for a reason). Your Seraphim make up a single squad - one more would mean you could field them as two squads.

I really recommend picking up the codex though. ^^;

Basically, what you want is more regular Battle Sisters and special weapon Battle Sisters, since those models are used to make up the majority of the army. An Exorcist is nice, and with the new allies rules, you really can't go wrong with a Repressor to drive your fire support squads around in.

For DCA, there is one torso in the DEldar Warrior set that looks like a Sisters torso. ^^; I went that route, then stumbled at finding appropriate heads. It does take some work - mostly shaving off random spikes and blades - but it is doable. The official models are kinda boring though. Then again, there's nothing that says DCA have to be female. Any collection of maniacs with lots of sharp, pointy objects is a potential Death Cult!

Arco Flagellants are convertable from the Dark Eldar medusae if you don't want to use the official models.

Thank you! smile.png

I think I will go with the Cannoness mode, since it already has weapon options and is more convertable without cutting metal (ugh). Gotta look to a DE wyches box and convert some! biggrin.png

Are the Hospitalier and the "loudspeaker" ;) Sisters of any particular use?

Yeah, pretty much. The Multi-melta requires your squad to be static, but doesn't have a sufficient range boost over the meltagun to make the mobility you lose worth it.

Heavy Flamers are very nice though.

I love the Hospitaller. She's a useful addition to a Sororitas Command Squad, but since you don't have a Canoness at the moment that's not really great. She does, however, make an excellent base for henchman conversions.

Archived