[HH1.0] Imperial Fists Tactics

Slips

I'm iffy on Lascutters.

They only ever hit on 5's at I1 and are 2 attacks at most at S9 Ap2 in CC (they cant be shot like a gun).

As part of their 1 in 5 selections, unless you're autohitting, I'd go for something else unless you're looking for a points sink.

If you're deadset on one, even though Storm Shield Tartaros Termies would be a better bet due to the cost of the Caestus, then:

• 10 breachers
  • 2 Flamers/Melta Guns
  • Melta Bombs
  • Sarge w/ Artificer Armor, Power Fist, Breaching Charge

Use them to go after AV Values near exclusively. If you want a CC unit, Terminators or Templar even Phalanx Warders do the job better.

Edited by Slipstreams

Yeah we also got nerfed by loosing reroll to hit in combat to reroll of 1s on combat. And we also cannot voluntarily fail a morale check, so no running away from a dread. Loosing stubborn for Pinning is really dumb, especially since Dorn already helps for pinning with his ld 10 and 3 buildings/fortifications he can buff, and with Polux allowing his squad to auto pass pinning...

Sigh.

I literally can't even right now.

What was the point of these changes? Its not like we were the most powerful Legion or were overpowered in any sense of the word.

:-|

At least Dorn is a Monster for his points cost comparatively speaking.

Edited by Slipstreams

Sigh.

I literally can't even right now.

What was the point of these changes? Its not like we were the most powerful Legion or were overpowered in any sense of the word.

At least Dorn is a Monster for his points cost comparatively speaking.

This was the one change everyone missed, I was really surprised to see the changes. No one in the internet ever mentioned it.

What was even the point? Alot of the other legions got buffed...

Phalanx Warders: I can understand. It gives them more use outside of being an Initiative buff to characters or a purely ZM unit.

Dorn: Cool, he needed it. But Reaping Blow wasn't actually needed to make him worth it. Just the removal of Unwieldy. Now? hes VERY good for his points.

Unshakable Defense: Why? Pinning is so rare that its more than likely to never come into play. If Dorns on the table, they're LD10 anyways. Besides, it only ever applies when in Cover/Fortifications/Barricades. Stubborn actually makes sense since its a defining Imperial Fists trait.

Blood And Honor: Again, why? All it really does is make Master-Crafted worth something for our challenging characters. If anything, this is a Sigismund Nerf and its not like he was literally dominating everything. Sure, he stomps pretty much any Non-Primarch he goes up against but thats the whole point and his only purpose.

The fact that they then didnt change our Characters Special Rules such as, like you pointed out, Polux, means that these changes were literally not necessary and serve no purpose except making us slightly weaker when they do come into play.

I mean, I've literally NEVER made us of Unshakable Defense due to the way I play Imperial Fists.

Edited by Slipstreams

Drop your Leviathan with a Grav Flux right beside them with the Pod, hit them with the Grav Flux and Auto-Kill the Rapier Guns because they have no Strength Value to test against the Grav Flux Bombard  and thus auto fail, killing them.

Otherwise, CC  will pretty much guarantee a kill.

Edited by Slipstreams

Its a 1 Wound model that has a Strength Value of "0" or "-" which means it cannot  pass the 2D6 Test so, yeah, thats pretty much how that'd work. With Ignores Cover too, they're pretty much getting no saves. If that doesn't work, you're also turning the Astartes Gunners into paste and if they're all gone, the battery can no longer do anything since the guns cannot fire themselves.