[HH1.0] Imperial Fists Tactics

Slips

so im trying to plan a 6 thousand point list to go to florida with next year  if you had so many points to work with , how would you  start setting up. 

Im thinking about an onslaught detachment  running armored breakthrough ( mostly cause im sure WLK  and RayRay wouldnt mind that sort of thing )  just sorta asking for  some general thoughts and opinions maybe someone can show me an angle I  may not be able to see

Double post but hey.

If you want some ideas to build off of for your 6k Armored Breakthrough. I tried as much to use the models I think I know you own. If you wanted to, you could scrap all the Machine Spirit Upgrades to save yourself 225 points.

Forge Lord can join Templar or Terminators as he sees fit; in the event that you do want to add a 10th Templar, swap the Solo Machine Spirit on troop Pred Squad #3 for it.

You can also scrap a Pred/Vindicator Squadron for a Typhon too since you want to run Onslaught.

+++ 6k IF (6000pts) +++

++ Legiones Astartes: Crusade Army List (Age of Darkness) (6000pts) ++

+ HQ (525pts) +

Legion Centurion (150pts) [Artificer Armour, Cyber-familiar, Melta Bombs, Rad Grenades, Refractor Field, Solarite Power Gauntlet]
··Consul [Forge Lord]

Legion Centurion (145pts) [solarite Power Gauntlet, Tartaros Terminator Armour with Combi-bolter and Power Weapon, Vigil Pattern Storm Shield]
··Consul [Primus Medicae]

Sigismund (230pts)
··Master of the Legion [Armoured Breakthrough]

+ Troops (1640pts) +

Legion Predator Strike Armoured Squadron (335pts)
··Legion Predator Tank [Heavy Bolters, Machine Spirit]
··Legion Predator Tank [Heavy Bolters]

Legion Predator Strike Armoured Squadron (335pts)

Legion Predator Strike Armoured Squadron (310pts)

Templar Brethren (660pts) [8x Combat Shield, Legion Vexilla, Melta Bombs, Nuncio-vox, 8x Templar Brethren]
··Chapter Champion [Combat Shield, Solarite Power Gauntlet]
··Land Raider Phobos [Armoured Ceramite, Auxiliary Drive, Dozer Blade]

+ Elites (1650pts) +

Contemptor Dreadnought Talon (270pts)
··Legion Contemptor Dreadnought [Graviton Gun, Kheres Pattern Assault Cannon, Legion Dreadnought Drop Pod]

Contemptor Dreadnought Talon (270pts)
··Legion Contemptor Dreadnought [Graviton Gun, Kheres Pattern Assault Cannon, Legion Dreadnought Drop Pod]

Contemptor Dreadnought Talon (220pts)
··Legion Contemptor Dreadnought [Heavy Conversion Beamer, Heavy Flamer]

Legion Terminator Squad (890pts) [2x Chainfist, 9x Legion Terminators, 7x Power Fist, Tartaros Terminator Armour with Combi-bolter and Power Weapon, 9x Vigil Pattern Storm Shield]
··Legion Spartan Assault Tank [Armoured Ceramite, Auxiliary Drive, Dozer Blade, Flare Shield]
··Legion Terminator Sergeant [Power Fist, Vigil Pattern Storm Shield]

+ Heavy Support (1535pts) +

Legion Predator Strike Armoured Squadron (380pts)
··Legion Predator Tank [Executioner Plasma Cannon, Machine Spirit]
··Legion Predator Tank [Executioner Plasma Cannon, Machine Spirit]
··Legion Predator Tank [Executioner Plasma Cannon]

Legion Vindicator Siege Tank Squadron (410pts) [Legion Vindicator Tank]
··Legion Vindicator Tank [Machine Spirit]
··Legion Vindicator Tank [Machine Spirit]

Leviathan Siege Dreadnought Talon (375pts)
··Leviathan Siege Dreadnought [Cyclonic Melta Lance, Legion Dreadnought Drop Pod, Leviathan Siege Drill, Phosphex Discharger]

Leviathan Siege Dreadnought Talon (370pts)
··Leviathan Siege Dreadnought [Grav-flux Bombard, Legion Dreadnought Drop Pod, Phosphex Discharger]

+ Legion +

Legion Astartes [Loyalist, VII: Imperial Fists]

+ Lord of War (650pts) +

Legion Glaive Special Weapons Tank (650pts) [Armoured Ceramite]
Edited by Slipstreams

+++ Call to Arms 2 (2490pts) +++

++ Legiones Astartes: Crusade Army List (Age of Darkness) ++

+ HQ +

Alexis Polux

····Master of the Legion [The Stone Gauntlet]

+ Troops +

Legion Breacher Siege Squad [2x Graviton Gun, 9x Legion Breacher Siege Space Marines]

····Land Raider Proteus [Armoured Ceramite]

····Legion Breacher Siege Sergeant [Artificer Armour, Power Fist]

Legion Breacher Siege Squad [9x Legion Breacher Siege Space Marines, 2x Melta gun]

+ Elites +

Apothecarion Detachment [Legion Apothecary, Legion Apothecary]

Legion Terminator Squad [4x Legion Terminators, Tartaros Terminator Armour with Combi-bolter and Power Weapon, 4x Vigil Pattern Storm Shield]

····Legion Terminator Sergeant [Vigil Pattern Storm Shield]

+ Heavy Support +

Legion Spartan Assault Tank [Armoured Ceramite, Flare Shield]

Legion Vindicator Siege Tank Squadron

····Legion Vindicator Tank [Armoured Ceramite]

····Legion Vindicator Tank [Armoured Ceramite, Laser Destroyer Array, Machine Spirit]

Leviathan Siege Dreadnought Talon

····Leviathan Siege Dreadnought [Armoured Ceramite, Grav-flux Bombard, Leviathan Siege Drill, Phosphex Discharger]

+ Legion +

Created with BattleScribe (http://www.battlescribe.net)

Thoughts?

A few things to think about.

What is the objective of the graviton guns in the first breacher squad? They're heavy, so they're going to be a little superfluous in a land raider bound squad.

I'd find a few extra points to make a dreadpod happen for your levi as well. Walking him seems like he'd get left behind the rest of your mobile army. Giving him a pod forces your opponent to dedicate anti-tank weaponry to eliminating it early, which is going to give you much more time to get your land raiders where you want them.

Lastly, where are you putting the apothecaries? The breacher squads would be nice, but they're in raiders and their 10 Astartes capacity is filled, is it not?  

Flint.

First of all. Well done.

School boy errors completely. I'll change the graviton to Melta no worries.

The apothecaries were supposed to go in the LR but I just forgot that not all transports are 35 capacity.

Well that saves some points. Maybe for rapiers or like you said, the dreadpod?

Is this tough though? I want something that's a real struggle to break and will stick around.

I think it works. Even just driving up the board and unloading breachers onto objectives will make them a nightmare to shift. Flamers in one breacher squad could be nice. IMO I'd always have flamers as it synergizes with the whole squad more. Two Melta shots aren't worth much in the Heresy. I think your anti AV will be covered by vindicator lasers, levy drill and 8 or so lascannons you have.

Once the Proteus have disgorged don't forget to use them to just plain mess with your opponent. AV14 mobile cover with lascannons are hilarious. Plus the ram at S7. Just Park in front of rhinos or weak/ slow tanks/ squads.

Your Terminators need a chain fist. Sure Polux can man his way through some AV but it's also nice to get some S8/ armour bane that can't be challenged.

No idea how you might fit it, but a Primus with the terms would be money too.

My thoughts!

Flint.

First of all. Well done.

School boy errors completely. I'll change the graviton to Melta no worries.

The apothecaries were supposed to go in the LR but I just forgot that not all transports are 35 capacity.

Well that saves some points. Maybe for rapiers or like you said, the dreadpod?

Is this tough though? I want something that's a real struggle to break and will stick around.

Glad to help!

I liked it b/c it actually looks a lot like one of my favorite World Eater lists. I just use two phobos instead of proteus ^_^

If you're ditching the apothecaries, it gives you 90 extra points, so more than enough for the dreadpod. That will get your Levi placed exactly where you want him and give him 3 extra AV12 hull points if he stays in it on his deployed turn (and you really should stay in it, since he can't assault that first turn he drops). Absolute worst case scenario, you opponent dedicates a silly amount of anti-tank firepower to kill that levi and his pod, which is a ton of things that aren't going to be firing at your land raiders.

I'd use the last few points to give your Spartan a dozer blade and the terminators a chainfist or two. 

Hello fellow fisters. I've just gotten into 30k, and have decided to go with IF, as I'm really liking the look of the breachers and phalanx warder models. 
I'm not very knowledgeable about 30k gameplay in general, and would love some advice on what to buy, and how to build a 1k-2k list.

I currently have-

5 x Cataphracts (BaC set, with 1xassault cannon, 2xchainfist, 1xlightning claw, 2xpowerfist)
1 x Cataphract character from BaC (converted to a TA Primus Medicae)
2 x Contemptor Dreads (BaC)
1 x Praetor with shield and axe (old masters of the chapter model)
1 x Venerable dread

I intend on picking up the rest of the BaC stuff (30 marines and chaplain) eventually as well as some cheap shields from Anvil Industry incase I want to convert some warders and breachers.

Done and done.

Simple really. Now all I have to do is buy and paint two more land raiders :sad.:

HOLD UP! You're using Stone Gauntlet, you cannot deepstrike thus no Dreadpod!

Edited by Slipstreams

Oh gaaadddayum slipstreams.

To be honest, I use him all the time, so he isn't going to be dropped I was tempted earlier in the year but he just does so well he isn't worth dropping. Although this does still

Give me like 90 points to play with. I'm tempted to drop the AC on the LR and buy 3 Rapiers or something.

Scrap the Armored Ceramite on the Vindicators; they dont need it and if they're shot by Melta it won't help all that much. NEVER drop it from a Land Raider or anything with Av14+

130 points free now.

As another note, you're likely to run into trouble by having both Vindicator types in the same squadron. Why?

• LasVindicator doesnt want to move to get 3 Shots; if it moves its only getting 1 shot.
  • Vindicator wants to move since it has a 24" Gun

Hmm. That's actually a throwback from having full heavy support slots.

If I split them up, which is obviously better, I can drop machine spirit. That's another 25. Giving 155.

Or. Dump the machine spirit on the Demolisher Vindi anyway so it can move and fire?

Ok awesome!

+++ Call to Arms 2 (2445pts) +++

++ Legiones Astartes: Crusade Army List (Age of Darkness) ++

+ HQ +

Alexis Polux

····Master of the Legion [The Stone Gauntlet]

+ Troops +

Legion Breacher Siege Squad [9x Legion Breacher Siege Space Marines, 2x Melta gun]

Legion Breacher Siege Squad [2x Flamer, 9x Legion Breacher Siege Space Marines]

+ Elites +

Legion Rapier Weapons Battery [Legion Rapier Weapons Battery, Legion Rapier Weapons Battery, Legion Rapier Weapons Battery]

Legion Terminator Squad [4x Legion Terminators, Tartaros Terminator Armour with Combi-bolter and Power Weapon, 4x Vigil Pattern Storm Shield]

····Legion Spartan Assault Tank [Armoured Ceramite, Flare Shield]

····Legion Terminator Sergeant [Vigil Pattern Storm Shield]

+ Heavy Support +

Legion Vindicator Siege Tank Squadron [Legion Vindicator Tank]

Legion Vindicator Siege Tank Squadron

····Legion Vindicator Tank [Laser Destroyer Array]

Leviathan Siege Dreadnought Talon

····Leviathan Siege Dreadnought [Armoured Ceramite, Grav-flux Bombard, Leviathan Siege Drill, Phosphex Discharger]

+ Legion +

Created with BattleScribe (http://www.battlescribe.net)

This is like 2445, so I have 50 spare for an Aegis to protect the Rapiers and the laser Vindi.