[HH1.0] Imperial Fists Tactics

Slips

In rhinos?

In my Stone Gauntlet list would you bother with 440 points in LR, or would you spend that elsewhere? Like Vets in Rhinos for example?

Even though I run out of elite slots quick.

I wish Dorn was out to make terminators troops already.

I used Breacher, phalanx Warders, Polux and terminators.

Breachers were just not survivable. They lost in combat to a tactical squad that charged. Polux got one shotted by a Powerfist when lured out on his own. Phalanx Warders did ok, but that's it.

Tacticals should not have many advantages over breachers when the tacs charge. The loss of charging benefits should make combat roughly even (unless they have added cc weapons). Also on breachers you pay for versatility by having added special weapons: that is powerful but can be negated by the close confines of ZM.

Were you running Stone Gauntlet? Because if so, unless Polux Charged into that Fist Unit and not challenged him out with his 2 (on the Charge) S10 at I5 hits, one being MC'd, then he would have been T5 and immune to Power Fists IDing him unless it was an S10 hit.

Also, What special weapons did you take on your Squads? Normal Breachers should have Flamers in ZM for Shred which helps out by also giving D3 Overwatch Auto-Hits per gun.

And yeah, if the Tac Squad that charged your breachers got their charge bonus, they shouldnt have.

Iv dissected the game with my opponent and it was just bad rolling. Yeah Polux lost his T5 when the squad died to other Gal Vorbak.

My Breachers had melta guns as that's what they are modelled with :(

And no, the tactical squad didn't get anything special or extra attacks, just good rolling haha.

Hmmm Bad Rolling it may be, I'm surprised Polux didn't kill the Power Fist Gal Vorbak Before he got to swing. What with his Fist being S10 and IDing the Multi-Wound T5 Gal Vorbak especially with the option to swing at I5.

Edited by Slipstreams

Yeah. Maybe just an unlucky game.

Heresy has brightened up for me locally now that I have 4/5 opponents rather than just the one Word Bearer. It's great to see how IF tactics measure up to everyone else.

And also, other 40knplauers on other tables using If and marines in general too

Well, thats definitely cool, no doubt.

But, seeing as you've been having trouble rolling with Breachers, you think of changing up the Core of your lists? At the very least to broaden your Horizons?

Any tips on what to equip on deepstriking IF Terminators? Have the BaC box and trying to figure out what to put on them.

1 Plasma Blaster per 5, Combi-Plasma on all the rest, pretty much.

No point gearing them up with storm shields and combat gear since Tartaros with Stromshields are incontestably better and you dont deepstrike Assault Units in either case since an assault unit standing around after deepstriking twiddling their thumbs is a unit thats going to eat all the spare Dakka.