Start them young

Pbenner

http://i568.photobucket.com/albums/ss129/pbenner2250/20140617_175245_zpsrmjqgy7o.jpg

Future Tabletop Wargamer, eh?  My 5 year old (just turned 5) playing with Daddy's toys.  Not quite big enough for rules, but big enough to start "playing" with them.  He treats them like Action figures with less action, loves the magnets in the dreadnoughts (huge guys), and understands that the Chaplains are "in charge".  To quote: "Daddy, this black hug guy is in charge of all these other huge guys, he tells them how to fight!"  

Had to share.

Paul

That's awesome dude.

I'd recommend reading some of the space marine books to him (the ones with more action and less plot) or even letting him take a peek through your old codexes to look at the pictures.

Imagination is a wonderful thing

Oh man this is awesome. Just found out my wife is preggo. I can't wait.

Congrats and best wishes!

I have a 3 year old girl and she painted (sorta) her first tactical marine a couple of months ago. He's green...biggrin.png

My 5-year old daughter likes to paint my minis, although she paints every model like a harlequin regardless hehe.

My 10-year old son likes to play the actual game, but prefers that I do the painting for him. Lazy bugger.

Archived