Night Lords Tactica

Armond

Well hey since we have tacticals for everyone else, why not NIght Lords? That RoW is pretty nice and I think it can be pretty darn devastating based just on reading. I am definitely looking forward to testing it out!

Biggest thing is, with the RoW we have, what combination of HQ, Heavy, Elite, and Fast Attack would perform well or has performed well?

I personally was looking at three terror squads, one definitely with Volkites probably drop podding in. Some Fast Attack in the form of Javelins set up for AT. Some bikes with meltabombs to throw assists in there, but landed with Volkites and the Heavy Bolters to mow down some troops. But, arming them gravitons sounds pretty interesting.

The heavy slot is very contested, and would probably be a choice that shores up any weaknesses you have in the army.

For me HQ would be a Sevatar or counts as because I want to use Terminators to deep strike in.

Anyone have some thoughts or insight into the Night Lord RoW?

I used it last edition for the extra possible rounds of night fight. Having to take three expensive terror squads is a bit much. Its not that they arent good units, just there isnt a need for that many. They make great assault troops, and great shooty troops. I use two minimum squads with volkite and a flamer(dont knock the flamer)and another  five bare bones. All sgts do have chain blades. The biggest issue for me is the lack of drop pods for tactical support squads and the mentioned heavy support shortage. Support squads in rhinos is a solutionn for the same points. I prefer Lightnings in my FA slots for AA and ground support. Either a Sicaran or a Fire Raptor in the heavy slot. A contemptor is a great add along with DSing terminators.

I have not found a use for veterans. Very costly for the points and they really do not bring much that the Terror Squads cant be configured to bring and you have to bring them anyway. Not a fan of speeders, they die too easily.

I agree for the most part, though I am building around using 3 maxed out terror squads as a backbone. Fire raptor in heavy support with jetbikes in fast attack as well as a dreadclaw for my support unit.

I'm also curious what others are running in their Terror Squads. For my own I'm planning on running 8 volkite chargers, Sargent with a lightning claw (mainly modeling issue until i can get some more parts to make glaives.)  And because it's  cool a heavy chainblade. which hopefully due to outnumbering due to chargers unloading should be hitting on 2's against most enemies.  

Archived