Name sought for revived SoB project

I've (finally) decided to break out the paints and models again and get back on with a combined Guard/SoB force... but I'm stuck on a name for the Sisters!

What little fluff I've developed for them is as follows: they're a minor order, descended from one of the 'big names'. Their colours are Ultramar Blue armour and cream robes. They'll be fighting against elements of Hive Fleet Leviathan to start off with, with an option to later face an Ork Waagh! There may even be an Apocalypse battle or two - far off in the future - with a Deathwatch team to lend these girls some anti-xenos expertise...

So far, I have a vague idea that their origins lie in a major crusade or campaign where they fought side-by-side with the Ulramarines (hence the armour colour) or maybe one of the Smurf's successor chapters. Their involvement with fighting Tyranids stems from a Hereticus Inquisitor looking into cult activity at a hive or spaceport complex and discovering a Genestealer presence behind the scenes.

Any thoughts? Suggestions?

Good to hear, Guard and Sisters work very well together so you will find them quite capable on the table top especially against your particular foes smile.png Maybe if you could provide additional information we'd have more to go on, at the moment we can only suggest fairly generic things similar to existing name structures and references to blue/sky/sea etc. Is there a specific role the order was formed for, or something about their ways or background that could lend themselves towards a name?

I've always been partial to "Cerulean" for a blue name, but I think we can do better than just reference a colour tongue.png Faith, Purity, Zeal etc are all good Sisterly words for example. Or you could always go with Order of the Nuclear Fridge but it doesn't quite have that ring to it laugh.png

I dunno, "Most Holy Order of the Cerulean Flame" has a nice prosody, although it does make me want to insist that you make your Canoness a redhead called Mistrale.

A redhead would look pretty good in the armour scheme I've cooked up; I'll have to paint a test model...

...you could always go with Order of the Nuclear Fridge but it doesn't quite have that ring to it laugh.png

I don't know... I could modify an old Rhino to have this big oblong section on the back with a really huge swing door on it. The Sisters open it up and the Emperor's holy fire - or radioactive energy - belches out to fry the heretical scum...tongue.png

I should have mentioned - I do have a Celestine model as well. I'm thinking of gold armour and using blue for the backpack 'drapes'. The cherub-servitors are going to have that nasty pallid "Borg" skin I always associate with Imperial servitors.

Okay, so my SoBs are the Order of the Cerulean Flame, often referred to as the Ceruleans. They're descended from the Order of Our Martyred Lady, and their 'origin point' is very recent: about 745/M41.

They fought a number of brutal containment actions against various splinters of Hive Fleet Behemoth immediately after the Battle of Macragge. The Sisters supported forces from the Sons of Guilliman Chapter during these battles, and the Chapter Master at that time honoured their sacrifice and devotion by granting them the right to bear Ultramar blue on their armour.

I'm not sure that the heirs of Macragge have a monopoly on ultramarine coloured liveries. I don't think it's a 'right' a chapter master has the authority to grant for he lacks the prerogative to deny the colours use..

Oh, they by no means have the right to permit or deny any colour schemes... but that's not going to stop them pretending its a divine right and special gift to wear the colours of Ultramar.

Oh, they by no means have the right to permit or deny any colour schemes... but that's not going to stop them pretending its a divine right and special gift to wear the colours of Ultramar.

I can always sub in the Official Smurfs of Pure GW Awesome instead... After the Ultramarines' first company got wiped out at the polar fortress, I'd imagine that Marneus Calgar would be grateful for any help he could get in mopping up the 'Nids.

Archived