Combine that with the Legacy of Glory: Isstvaan V Dropsite Massacre (IAv2SE, page 245) and for the price of four Melta Bombs, your Landraider will never scatter...

That aside, what variant do you foresee this being the best option for?

Removing an immediate threat to the raider, or simply increasing the amount of damage you do on the drop. Maybe not something you do every game, but a very powerful option to keep in mind. Almost every unit we have can take one after all. Sternguard, devs, honor guard.... many potential loadouts.

I haven't really thought about allies much due to the comp heavy environment locally, but I'm sure there's potential.

You could also run outside and steal an opponents quad-gun or icarus. biggrin.png You get to shoot it in your turn and then maybe intercept his unit in the next.

EDIT: Of course you could also want to disembark to claim an objective, or two if they are close enough. 3+3+6+length of raider give you a huge scoring bubble.

I took a look at the rules for smoke launchers today and noticed another subtle change. 

Vehicles that pop smoke count as obscured in the opponents following shooting phase only.

In other words, RAW you can not claim a cover save for out of sequence shooting like overwatch and witchfires. 

^genius.

Thanks, it's incredibly good, I need to stop using it at my club as it's too frustrating for friendly play. Last three games I'd planned not to use it but got let down with purchases being brought so had to make last minute changes and threw it into imperfect lists. Against a black legion army it dropped turn one popping a land raider for first blood then got charged by Khârn and two cc equipped Csm squads, after 8 rounds of combat they finally killed the sternguard leaving the lib and corbulo but then got charged by the fisty furioso and 8 DC with coteaz. Whit scar chapter master with bike and shield eternal has done a good job against them but he was helped by his Iwnd warlord trait, killed all his squad in the first two turns but he soaked a lot of cc with his 2+ 3+

The legacies are great though, monster hunter on a Sicarian is great for 20pts, twin linked with rerolls to wound rending against nids daemon princes or wraith nights and riptides is sexy.

If a Furioso Librarian Dreadnought successfully casts Force in the Psychic Phase and subsequently chooses to attack in the ensuing Assault Phase with his Power Fist, are any wounds inflicted cause Instant Death?

Depending on that answer, if said Dreadnought suffers a Weapon Destroyed result and the Force Weapon is removed, does he lose the ability to cast/use Force?

Archived