Schultzhoffen

Every list needs to be able to:

1. Be mobile

2. Have a mix of Anti Tank and Anti Infantry

3. Have the ability to Counter Fliers

4. Have some CC(?)

5. Be able to counter LOW (?)

6. What else? Anti psyker? Psyker?

Naturally this list has gaps but where are its greatest flaws? Mobility? Anti Psyker?

I want to be able to take on all comers at a reasonably friendly club (so no over the top lists). It needs to be able to handle Tau, Orks, Marines, Imperial Guard (not bloody Astra Militarum!), 'nids and Chaos Marines.

Your thoughts appreciated. 

Thanks in advance.

PS - The only things I don't have are the Battle Automata and before I buy I really need to know if they're worthwhile.

PPS - I'm running Ultramarines and I'm keeping it reasonably bland until the Calth book comes out.

HQ - Master of Signal

ELITE:

Contemptor - Heavy Flamer, Chainfist, Melta Gun

Mortis Contemptor - x2 Kheres Assault Cannons

x2 Rapier Batteries (Laser)

x2 Apothecaries

TROOPS

x15 Tactical Marines - Sgt: Artificer Armour, Melta Bombs, Combi Melta, Vexilliary (apothecary)

x10 Tactical Marines - Sgt: Artificer Armour, Melta Bombs, Combi Plasma, Vexilliary, Rhino

x 8 Legion Support Squad: x7 Volkite Calivers (MoSignal + Apothecary)

HEAVY SUPPORT

Predator - Auto/Las

Predator - Auto/Las

ALLIES - MECHANICUM

HQ: Magos - Mechanicum Protectiva, Power Axe, Cortex Controller (?) - not sure of the name - my book's not with me

TROOPS: x3 Castellax Class Battle Automata: x1 with Multi Melta. - All with x2 Flamers

I think it looks pretty decent, and I can see that you are trying to cover all of your bases, and have generally suceeded. I think the most obvious weaknesses are to close combat, and dealing with 2+ armour saves at range. The Thallax and contemptor cover you in combat reasonably well, but I'd consider upgrading one predator to an executioner, as this gives you a potent anti-TEQ ranged threat. Ideally you'd squeeze a machine spirit on there too, so that you can keep your lascannons shooting at armour. Dropping the Rhino is the most obvious source of points, as I don't think this is bringing much to the table, though you'll need to find some from another source for the machine spirit - maybe the Castellax MM is unneccesary...

Nice list though, will you be posting pictures?

Thanks for the advice. I'll look at getting Machine Spirit in somewhere if possible. Nice idea wrt the executioner - I didn't even consider it.

I like the rhino because I have the FW one :)

I posted pictures up in the Heresy Forum some time ago of most of these units, as soon as I've done all of them (with my snail pace painting!) I'll post up the rest.

PS There are also pictures in my gallery.

Who cares if you paint slowly when you produce models that look like that! Really beautiful ultramarines there, thanks for pointing me to your gallery! I'm now excited to see what you can do with the castellax!

Archived