Codex: Adepta Sororitas updated

saturnine

The codex was updated on 6/30 and the only difference I can tell after looking through it is the profile for the Condemner Boltgun profile is a little wonky. Has anyone found anything else?

Can't find anything "new" besides that messed up layout and rulebook reference next to frag grenades.

They didn't even bother to fix the exorcist and penitent engine statline in reference section...

On a plus side, priests still have access to eviscerators ( AM priests don't have the option).

Yeah i can't find anything, though I haven't checked the Altar of War missions section or the fluff... so maybe they changed?  Nothing ruleswise seems to have, at least (and here I was desperately hoping for Canonesses to get more then one relic).

I assumed something along the lines of another change to condemner boltguns, or again, yes, please Emprah let my Canoness take more than one relic. I guess S5 AP3 eternal warrior with a melta pistol is just too much POWAH. :/

Noticed no changes, and I was so excited D:

I assumed something along the lines of another change to condemner boltguns, or again, yes, please Emprah let my Canoness take more than one relic. I guess S5 AP3 eternal warrior with a melta pistol is just too much POWAH. :/

I know, right?  Honestly, the wording of that line has to be a mistake.  Our relics are some of the least powerful in the game and I doubt anyone would claim a tooled up Canoness is overpowered.

why am I sadly not surprised in the least,le sigh,,,,time for some heretics to be purged ,starting with the codex writting unbelievers.

You have committed the ultimate heresy. Not only have you turned your back on the Emperor and stepped from his light, you have profaned his name and almost destroyed everything he has striven to build. You have perverted and twisted the path he has laid for mankind to tread. As your own decrees have stated, there can be no mercy for such a criminal. I renounce your lordship, you walk in the darkness and cannot be allowed to live. Your sentence has been long overdue and now it is time for you to die

I remember when I fist looked at the new codex, the first list I made had a really cool Canoness and then I read on here I think only one relic allowed...

Even a fully kitted out Canoness just about makes a good character, nothing OP to be seen. :/ Damn GW.

Don't notice anything, inquisitor codex its noticeable but not in the sisters dex.

Great now that picture has got me confused to what the hell is going on.

http://i414.photobucket.com/albums/pp222/DukeDanseMacambre/10470788_726443137413752_1679257888916147702_n.jpg

Is this update only for the eBook edition? I dont notice any updates to the enhanced edition, and it's last entry in the update history says version 1.5 - 29 oct 2013.

Did you say Chaos Miko ? Because I was just reading a review of Tome of Decay and saw this: 

http://www.gamewire.belloflostsouls.net/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/BC079344AdvGardenofNurgleVincentDevaultnew.png

Those are actually Emperor's Children space marines, they're just... well, pretty.

All though that might be the next logical step for sisters when it comes to gw logic. Sales...

Demons are a thing right now, everyone wants to summon them and needs loads of figures.. how to increase sales for sisters... Lets turn them into demons!

Who cares about fluff, all they do is die anyways.

/rant

Well I found 1 change, in the old version for the priests using the Emperor protects it allowed them to reroll shield of faith saves and not just invulnerable's like it does now, I noticed that as the guard one has always been the latter.

This of course means when taking a crusader/deathcult unit they are now allot more survivable... other than that, still not noticed. 

GW do a new army every month, 4 or 5 kits and extras.

Yes they will need to replace most things outside the tanks but Seraphim, Battle Sisters, Retributors, Dominors and Celestines can all be serviced by a single kit much like the Grey Knights.

After that, plastic Exorcist, Penitence Engine, Cannoness and Repentia.

Considering the tank is off the rhino chassis not much work at all and they would sell like damn hot cakes.  

Did you say Chaos Miko ? Because I was just reading a review of Tome of Decay and saw this: 

http://www.gamewire.belloflostsouls.net/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/BC079344AdvGardenofNurgleVincentDevaultnew.png

Those are actually Emperor's Children space marines, they're just... well, pretty.

Really ? Wow, they sure are getting more and more... fabulous.  

Really ? Wow, they sure are getting more and more... fabulous.  

Looks and smells like the usual Blan:cusssu stuff. The stuff most find awesome but to me it looks stupid.

I know, right?  Honestly, the wording of that line has to be a mistake.  Our relics are some of the least powerful in the game and I doubt anyone would claim a tooled up Canoness is overpowered.

And DA (my second army) claim that they can have as many relics as they want...there is no rule saying "you may only have one relic" in their codex, but it does say you may swop ONE weapon for ONE weapon on the list.  Their reasoning is that you can wash, rinse, repeat, until you run out of standard gear to swop.  The only way that makes sense is if the first occurance of the word "ONE" were intended to ensure that you don't drop both your boltpistol and your chainsword, and then wrongfully only take one replacement...golly gee??!?  Why would GW forbid that?  My buddy privately agrees that only one relic is allowed (although they make an exception for the one non-weapon relic, so technically two), but publicly, he takes two and pretends that the invented gray area is legit.  Except when he plays against me, because he knows that I know that he knows better.  ~eyeroll~

Anyway....the point of all that is that I don't think GW intends for anyone to spam relics onto uber-characters, and I think they're more likely to take the multi-relic allowance away from C:UM (the only ones I know of who actually can spam them out on the same character) than to give us our 200+ point challenge monkey canoness. 

Archived